Why does TS19 take 10 - 20 minutes, or several hours to commit just one single asset

I see this behavior now and them. However, I don't wait hours:). I close Trainz and resubmit the asset. If you are afraid of losing a lot of work, I guess it might be a good caution to save the folder. I think Trainz gets a bad handle, or maybe backing up? Reopening Trainz has always worked for me.

Firstly, you can't submit built-in or payware (DLC) assets. They have to be reverted to original.

When was the last time you defragged your disk?

How much space do you have?

Why does TS19 take 10 - 20 minutes, or several hours to commit just one single asset ?

Trainz will not commit an asset if there are other database updates happening. In that case it waits for a period and tries again. Perhaps it succeeds, perhaps not, and it will try multiple times (10, I think) before giving up.

The most likely reason for other updates preventing the commit is that there is a background task left over from a previous crash, still running and still trying to finish its own update. You will see it in Task Manager.

The most likely reasons for the previous crash are a faulty disk or an operating system error or a security violation or an anti-virus program blocking or delaying disk writes. But it can happen after any illegal shutdown, for instance if you close Trainz because it appears to hang because you have multiple copies open at the same time and they are attempting to use the same asset.

It should also not be on the C drive as it fills it up and does not leave room for the system to operate properly with the small space left.

Tried the EDR, and revert into backups, and the backups are from today, and yesterdays backups, and the day before backups are blank, and missing files, and todays backups, are all faulty.

The reason will be the same - a problem with the operating system, the disks, security and permissions, anti-virus, background applications, network etc is preventing the application from copying and creating files. You need to look at these items, not Trainz.

A brand new asset seems to take an age to commit and especially if FBX. PBR, etc. But not 20 minutes. Updates to the same asset seem to be faster but I've not timed anything.

It may be validation going on but I don't know if that involves internet access. Assets referencing libraries will also take a while.

If you have another application that uses a lot of disk I/O and is really slow then maybe a hardware fault.

Open up Task Manager, and see exactly what is using up the resources. Could be windows system itself is using most of the HD.

The Content Manager is just plain Bugged, I have had this issue for over a Year now and still ongoing. Has cost me 100s of hours over a time period of a year just to wait for the CM to commit, even on my own built assets this happens. I have to click the submit button at least 6 times in a row and just wait for several Minutes for it to finally Commit with several Pop behind error messages.

No blocking Software, brand new PC rebuilt the OS 3 times to no avail. Re-installed the Trainz 2019 still no fix.
Complexly Turned off Windows 10 User Account control. Still access Violations to the Local Folder.

Last edited:
Back