Looking for some good UK content - routes, trains, etc.

epa

Angry Trainz Nerd
I'm a 'Murican. I grew up around, and spend 90% of my Trainz time running, mile long American freight trains.

But lately, I've been gaining an interest in modern UK Railways, and I would like to model some of these operations in TRS19. However I quickly noticed there isn't a lot of modern day UK content built into the game, and I'm not sure where to look for this stuff aside from the DLS. Many of my usual content sources specialize in American content (obviously).

Does anyone happen to know where I could find some good modern UK routes and trains for TRS19? I don't think I'm familiar enough with that country to try building my own.

Thanks
Matt

Hi Matt,

Not sure about compatibility, but Balshaw, Midshire Mainline, and Duchy Days are all good modern UK routes that work in TANE, so I'd hope also in TRS19. I can't confirm this or not as I'm still using TANE currently.

Cheers,
Innis

I made the Southern Region Brighton Line for T:ANE that might suit what you are looking for. Basically takes in Brighton/London [Victoria]/Southampton/Eastbourne. <kuid:708819:103258> freely available on the DLS.
There is also an earlier version for TRS19 also on the DLS.

Cheers,
Val.

Thanks pfx and valbridge, I'll check them out.

I found a whole bunch of Class 150, 153, and 158 DMU's on the DLS that look fantastic, now I just need to find some good freight stuff.

Matt

Last edited:
I recently uploaded a route based on a long disused line in East Anglia. I am not particulerly good with route building but it was done for my enjoyment and I took a disused line and extended it as it was oriinally proposed so much of the route is actually fictional with the core part being what originally existed...... This may give you something to work with and feel free to modify it as you please... (if you do modify and upload then please credit me with the original construction)
Keith

The route is uploaded as "The Middy" kuid2:534608:103910:1

Last edited:
Back