Thread: Looking for some good UK content - routes, trains, etc.

Blog Entries

Default Looking for some good UK content - routes, trains, etc.

I'm a 'Murican. I grew up around, and spend 90% of my Trainz time running, mile long American freight trains.

But lately, I've been gaining an interest in modern UK Railways, and I would like to model some of these operations in TRS19. However I quickly noticed there isn't a lot of modern day UK content built into the game, and I'm not sure where to look for this stuff aside from the DLS. Many of my usual content sources specialize in American content (obviously).

Does anyone happen to know where I could find some good modern UK routes and trains for TRS19? I don't think I'm familiar enough with that country to try building my own.

Thanks
    Matt
    Intel Core i7-7700K 4.20GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 GPU, 8GB GDDR5
    16 GB 3000Mhz DDR4 RAM
    275GB SSD + 1TB HDD

Hi Matt,

Not sure about compatibility, but Balshaw, Midshire Mainline, and Duchy Days are all good modern UK routes that work in TANE, so I'd hope also in TRS19. I can't confirm this or not as I'm still using TANE currently.

Cheers,
    Innis

I made the Southern Region Brighton Line for T:ANE that might suit what you are looking for. Basically takes in Brighton/London [Victoria]/Southampton/Eastbourne. <kuid:708819:103258> freely available on the DLS.
    There is also an earlier version for TRS19 also on the DLS.

Cheers,
    Val.
    Creator of Blue Mountains Line and Southern Region - Brighton Line routes.

Blog Entries

Thanks pfx and valbridge, I'll check them out.

I found a whole bunch of Class 150, 153, and 158 DMU's on the DLS that look fantastic, now I just need to find some good freight stuff.

Matt
    Last edited by epa; June 29th, 2020 at 08:32 PM.
    Intel Core i7-7700K 4.20GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 GPU, 8GB GDDR5
    16 GB 3000Mhz DDR4 RAM
    275GB SSD + 1TB HDD

Some high quality free locos here: http://www.srstrainzdlc.com/Downloads/

I recently uploaded a route based on a long disused line in East Anglia. I am not particulerly good with route building but it was done for my enjoyment and I took a disused line and extended it as it was oriinally proposed so much of the route is actually fictional with the core part being what originally existed...... This may give you something to work with and feel free to modify it as you please... (if you do modify and upload then please credit me with the original construction)
    Keith

The route is uploaded as "The Middy" kuid2:534608:103910:1
    Last edited by caspar1946; June 30th, 2020 at 10:11 PM.