ATLS traffic lights 2019 problem in TRS 2019 Platinum

belgian46

Hello,

I need some assistance with the ATLS-system in TRS 2019.

For some unknown reason I have some issues with road junctions. In some cases it functions, in other cases it doesn't. I checked all settings and everything should be OK.

When I am in editing mode I noticed the following in TANE

Traffic lights switch colours, cars are riding over the roads.

2020-06-28%20134037.jpg

In Tane build 105766 I use

TANE BUILD 105766

<kuid2:76656:500010:12> ATLS CONTROLLER
<kuid2:76656:500011:5> ATLS Lights
<kuid:76656:500040> ATLS Slave Trigger TS12 & T:ane

When going to TRS 19 platinum version build 105100, in edit mode, I noticed that the lights do not switch colours and the cars are static.

2020-06-28%20134514.jpg

In TRS 2019 I use

<kuid2:76656:500010:14> ATLS CONTROLLER TRS19
<kuid2:76656:500011:6> ATLS Traffic Light TRS19
<kuid2:76656:500040:1> ATLS Slave Trigger TRS19

Is it normal, in TRS2019, in edit mode, that lights do not switch colours and that cars do not ride?

Kind regards

Kurt :wave:

Last edited:
Hi Kurt,

Yes, it is normal, in TRS2019, in edit mode, that lights do not switch colours and that cars do not ride.

You need to unpause the simulation in order for these and other functions to operate in Surveyor. Click on the tools icon at the top of the screen.

This was a community request for the unified Driver-Surveyor (UDS) interface because it was difficult working on things with AI getting in the way.

Hello John,

Thank you for the confirmation about the lights and cars situation in TRS2019 in surveyor mode ( edit mode ). :)

In driver mode, I don't know why the traffic lights in some situations react strange. I checked all settings and I didn't find any faults. In some situations all traffic lights on both routes have the same colours ( all green ).

Kind regards

Hello John,

Thank you for the confirmation about the lights and cars situation in TRS2019 in surveyor mode ( edit mode ). :)

In driver mode, I don't know why the traffic lights in some situations react strange. I checked all settings and I didn't find any faults. In some situations all traffic lights on both routes have the same colours ( all green ).

Kind regards

That would be a script error with the assets, I think. There were some updates and changes to the scripting parts in TRS2019 to account for the new way that the route is loaded, and it's these changes that can cause such assets as the traffic signals to stop working.

There is a way to turn on the red bug if you want. Go into the Dev tab in Settings off the Launcher, and turn on script debugging (I think it's called that I'm going from memory).

If you get a red bug, open that up and look at the errors. You can copy and paste that information into a forum post for the experts to look at.

That would be a script error with the assets, I think. There were some updates and changes to the scripting parts in TRS2019 to account for the new way that the route is loaded, and it's these changes that can cause such assets as the traffic signals to stop working.

There is a way to turn on the red bug if you want. Go into the Dev tab in Settings off the Launcher, and turn on script debugging (I think it's called that I'm going from memory).

If you get a red bug, open that up and look at the errors. You can copy and paste that information into a forum post for the experts to look at.

Hello John,

Thank you for the red bug procedure - I will check it out immediately :).

Kind regards

Hello John,

Started the red bug procedure, however no red bug appeared. It is time to find the bunny in the magicians hat :hehe:.

Kind regards

Mmmmm Well that doesn't look very good does it!

The latest ATLS was developed in basic TRS19 (SP1) and I've not seen these issues. I wonder if this is something to do with the Platinum edition?

If it is, there will be a delay in a fix. I don't have TRS19 Platinum and probably won't buy it at least until it goes on sale again. (Don't fancy $60!) Also with Lockdown ending I'm hoping to spend some time in the real world.

The 'Timer' part of the script is pretty much the heart of ATLS and hasn't changed that much since TRS2004. So to see thread errors there is worrying!

Sorry not to be of more help.

Boat

Mmmmm Well that doesn't look very good does it!

The latest ATLS was developed in basic TRS19 (SP1) and I've not seen these issues. I wonder if this is something to do with the Platinum edition?

If it is, there will be a delay in a fix. I don't have TRS19 Platinum and probably won't buy it at least until it goes on sale again. (Don't fancy $60!) Also with Lockdown ending I'm hoping to spend some time in the real world.

The 'Timer' part of the script is pretty much the heart of ATLS and hasn't changed that much since TRS2004. So to see thread errors there is worrying!

Sorry not to be of more help.

Boat

Hello Boat,

Thank you for your reply:). I will continue to monitor this process and will from time to time make a new txt file with data stamp. I have road intersections where it functions as it should, and others where it simple doesn't function. I also made a simple route with only the elements involved in the ATLS configuration. In this simple route, all functions perfectly. :cool:

As I have enough other non-ATLS elements to do within my route, I will continue with my changes and wait with the ATLS configuration of my road intersections.

The only ATLS configuration that I will do is a rather complex setting with roads, rails,bridges, cars, trams and ships involved.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Hello Boat,

This morning, I did a new error session log and some new lines appeared within the log file

Here it is - https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkyzm5p0t9ai698/ATLS session log 30062020 0855.txt?dl=0

I noticed new lines were added, now concerning ATLS Slave(TF) TRS19. This was not the case within my first log ( my answer #7 of this thread ).

I checked CM - noticed there was an update 15 for ATLS Slave(TF) TRS19 and installed it.

Closed TRS 2019. Restarted it - restarted the session - and again did a log session.

Here is the txt file https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnxh4remvs96jyf/ATLS session log 30062020 1006.txt?dl=0

The lines concerning ATLS Slave(TF) TRS19 are gone :).

I have also made a Trainz bug report.

Kind regards

Hello,

When driving my session I also see the messages of several ATLS controller on channel .. has no name. Please correct in surveyor.

Strange - because all my ATLS controllers Trs19 and ATLS slave trigger Trs19 within my route have unique names.

Kind regards

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the info. The issue 14 Slave did have an occasional problem. 15 is better. Or use the new Slave KUID2:76656:500040:1. This does not have an invisible train and is the best one.

I have had reports of the no-name problem but I have never been able to repeat it. It's a very simple bit of script which just looks at the name of your asset. If its blank it will produce the message so why it prints a message when your Controller has a name is strange. Maybe its some timing problem? I will remove that in the next version of the Controller.

If you would like to send me a cdp of the Route causing the problem I will look at it in TRS19 SP1 (Build 105096). It could be a combination of the assets you are using, or something in the Platinum edition it doesn't like.
Send it to boat (at) boatztrainz . co . uk

Regards,

Boat (Mike)

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the info. The issue 14 Slave did have an occasional problem. 15 is better. Or use the new Slave KUID2:76656:500040:1. This does not have an invisible train and is the best one.

I have had reports of the no-name problem but I have never been able to repeat it. It's a very simple bit of script which just looks at the name of your asset. If its blank it will produce the message so why it prints a message when your Controller has a name is strange. Maybe its some timing problem? I will remove that in the next version of the Controller.

If you would like to send me a cdp of the Route causing the problem I will look at it in TRS19 SP1 (Build 105096). It could be a combination of the assets you are using, or something in the Platinum edition it doesn't like.
Send it to boat (at) boatztrainz . co . uk

Regards,

Boat (Mike)

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your reply :).

I'm already using the Slave KUID2:76656:500040:1

I will send the rest of the information to your private email address.

Kind regards

Kurt:wave:

Hello,

I did the following test - replaced the ATLS controller at a specific intersection - changed the frequency -changed all settings of the necessary components ( ATLS slave trigger - traffic lights )

Saved the session - closed the session and started a drive session - the traffic lights were changing colours.

Closed down TRS2019 - restarted the drive of the specific session - traffic lights were again all green and not changing colours at the specific intersection.

Something else is odd - In drive session, on the screen, I keep on receiving the message - several ATLS controller on channel .. has no name. Please correct in surveyor.

However, the channelnumbers of those ATLS controllers don't exist.:eek:

Kind regards

Last edited:
Hello,

All issues with the traffic lights have been solved. Boat came to the rescue :clap:.

Thank you Mike, for your help. Very much appreciated :Y:.

Kind regards

Back