Another Serious Error Causing CTD!

jjeff1955

Now this is happening again and I think that it is why it does a Crashes to Desktop as I am Loading my Map

I cleared the DEV Logs and when I was Loading my Custom Map I got these errors, when it did the CTD, pretty much the same thing I see with the Content manager refusing to commit Edits.

; <NULL> TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> not yet authenticated with planet auran
; <NULL> TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> logging in to planet auran cache
; <NULL> TrainzDRMClient::performPlanetAuranLogin> cache login successful, setting session cookie

- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/internet/d6rygpj62426.php to C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/thumbnails/kuid 95230 100173-3-0-245.jpg (err 0x00000050)
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/internet/0j137nt22425.php to C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/thumbnails/kuid 95230 100174-3-0-245.jpg (err 0x00000050)
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/internet/4yhc4n8g2427.php to C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/thumbnails/kuid 95230 100183-3-0-245.jpg (err 0x00000050)
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/internet/lbstc7th2431.php to C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/thumbnails/kuid 95230 100705-3-0-245.jpg (err 0x00000050)
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/internet/dg7xaexw2447.php to C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/thumbnails/kuid 95230 104883-3-0-245.jpg (err 0x00000050)
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/internet/fxsk1i152448.php to C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/thumbnails/kuid 95230 101317-3-0-245.jpg (err 0x00000050)
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/internet/di5qxvwc2449.php to C:/Users/Jon/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build mav4gg7d1/cache/thumbnails/kuid 95230 101601-3-0-245.jpg (err 0x00000050)

Why is this having trouble Caching to my Local Folder?
Clean Install of this TRS 2019 from the Steam Client.

Content manager still does not want to commit edits 80% of the Time.
Cheers.

Last edited:
I would try a NEW customer database. Carefully preserve the one you have of course! Then you can gradually introduce elements of routes into the new database and POSSIBLY uncover the culprit.

Now this is happening again and I think that it is why it does a Crashes to Desktop as I am Loading my Map

Could you please turn the volume down, my eyes are hurting:)

Since one error message mentioned "not yet authenticated", it could be an internet access problem.

One remedy I would try is to go into Trainz Settings from the Launcher then select the Internet tab. Delete your username and password, then re-enter them. When you get the message "login succeeded" exit Trainz and restart.

PS. It would help if you identified your TRS19 build number.

Last edited:
Jon,

These will not cause a CTD. I would clear out the cache/internet folder, however, because that can cause other problems. The inability to copy the file usually means it was deleted before the copy could take place at least that's what I found, and clearing the folder does no harm.

I recommend clearing the cache/library folder as well. This is particularly important if you've been editing scripted assets because the program will not always update the cache and you can end up with weird things.

From experience, barring any hardware or driver issues the causes of CTDs are:

1) A very old scripted asset or driver command and other things.

This is also true of some of a couple of recently updated ones.
Having too many paths for interlocking towers too.

If you use any of the diamond crossing controllers, remove them and replace them with ASB controller. The latest one works, but the older ones will cause an instant CTD.

2) A corrupted mesh

These are a pain. You need to do the process of elimination.

3) A corrupted texture

A bad texture not only in an asset, but also on the route its self.

4) A corrupted map.

A corrupted map file for some reason will drop everything to the CTD on loading. You can try creating a blank route and merging your existing route into that one. Not the other way around because that doesn't work.

As mentioned above try a clean data folder.

This will prove right off if there's an issue with content. Plain vanilla usually tastes pretty good.

Thank You to all of you for you great help and Suggestions..
I did not realize that I had gotten the text so large, I am having a very bad problem with my Eyes to be able to see what I am typing due to some serious Eye Floaters, that is why I had the Text larger than normal. I now realize that is like yelling, Lol.
I will just do the Bold. Sorry for being so Loud in my Threads, I was not Angry what so ever.

Ok I have tried everything that was suggested and it does not fix the issues of the CM being able to commit, it is very stubborn has always been that way since the Trainz 2019 release.
I have no interlocking Towers installed and no Diamonds. No Driver commands set up, PC Drivers are perfect only crashes with this 2019. No conflicting Software.
I have cleared the Internet Cache many times, issue still persists.
I have not added anything New to my Map just been working with I have always had installed.
I also built a New Local Folder thinking my old one was corrupted, did not resolve the issue.
I will try a new Route and doing the Merge, that is the only method I have not tried.

I am in the Process of seeking Medical attention for my Eye issues, very frustrating that I can not see what I love to do.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Trainz Build 105175
Thank You John Citron.
I did the Merge Map you suggested I think that may have repaired it.
I would have never thought of that myself.
You are a Map Saver, I mean I can not Thank You enough for you Awesome Help.
I did a my Map backup first, then made the Merge, had to set my setting for the Colors again but worth it if it fixes the Map not to do CTDs.
Cheers John.

Update
on the Merge, Many Broken Roads and Track not connected after the Merge. Crashes again to Desktop. Not my Map after all as it crashes to the Desktop with a New Map Generated with nothing in it. I just realized this all started with the Trainz+ when it was activated, but I do not want to loose that Trainz+ as it is a very good extra to use.
Trainz apparently has a Bug for sure, never did this before the SP1 Trainz+.
I have had the issues of the Roads and Track not being connected right after the SP1.
All my Monorail Fixed Junctions were dead after the Merge, had to replace all of them to get them working again.
I kinda of always known that there were still some Bugs, for sure that Content Manger blocking itself from saving edits

but I am very Confident that they will get it Patched in due time, as the Team knows what they need to do and they do it well.
Anyway no big deal, I think that I will take a break from Trainz for a Month or so and wait until it gets Patched.
I will for sure be helping out with MPS I am Happy to do that, as it helps find the Bu
gs so they can get Patched.
Kind Regards to all that have tried to help me out.

This a Report on a new Local Folder that was created.
? <NULL> Reparsing 'invalid' folders
? <NULL> Importing builtin assets
- <NULL> Package '46500s' is built-in, but was not precached for this build (105175.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
? <kuid2:401543:2030:2> <kuid2:401543:2030:2>
! <kuid2:401543:2030:2> <kuid2:401543:2030:2> is present in multiple locations.
; <kuid2:401543:2030:2> <kuid2:401543:2030:2> is at fld:$(builtin)/46500s/content/kuid2 401543 2030 2|
; <kuid2:401543:2030:2> <kuid2:401543:2030:2> is at fld:$(builtin)/base/content/kuid2 401543 2030 2|
; <kuid2:401543:2030:2> Ignoring asset <kuid2:401543:2030:2> from package: fld:$(builtin)/46500s/content/kuid2 401543 2030 2|

Last edited:
I recently had a problematic database repair where it took like about an hour, then I came out with problems such as the Canadian Rocky Mountains route and C&O Hinton Division suddenly becoming Payware (Not Active), some assets randomly becoming faulty despite there being absolutely no errors or warnings, my CM suddenly not being logged in, my CM suddenly showing me only having -2 kuids in the "My Content" section even when I was logged in, and once those were resolved (I was so lucky to have resolved them), suddenly 99% of my stuff went into the "Today" section and was showing "Modified" if it was installed from the DLS

Thank You john2002 for the reply.
At least now I know that I am not the only one having issues, Service Pack 1 did cause a lot of weird things to happen.
Traffic getting stuck at the Intersections, Animations went into a Pause mode, with no un Pause option until I got the Trainz+ activated, then the un-Pause options were available. The Track, and Road Splines not having good Cohesion.

But like I said before this is the best Trainz that has ever be made for Quality Content and smooth Frame Rates, along of having PBR Textures that look very good.
We just need to be Patient and the
Developer Team will eventually fix these issues for us.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Again I have no problems like this.

Have you tried and extended database repair?

Press the CTRL-key at the same time as selecting repair database.

Note:

Depending upon how much content you have, an EDR can and will take a very long time. Never cancel the DBR when it's running so wait patiently for it to finish. Your best bet is to do something else away from your computer to let this process complete unimpeded.

When done, go into Content Manager and view faulty assets, and yes you will have faulty content showing so don't panic.

Right-click on them and view errors and warnings. Most will show no errors, and those that are still faulty will need to be repaired.

You may need to exit that filter and come back in in order to refresh the screen.

Outside of this, I recommend reinstalling the program. Something could have been munched, but I think an EDR will solve this. This process will also clear the cache folders as well.

Thanks John, I will give that a go again. I have not done the extended in a while, maybe that will show me what's going wrong?
It does not take the long to run as my new Local Folder has a minimum of Content for my Custom Map only.
Stay clear of your Thunderstorms, no Storm Chasing, Lol.
Meaning stay out of the Rain and stay Healthy.
Cheers.

Update
--------
I just now Completed the Extended Data Base check, did not take that long.
A bit longer than the standard but did finish quickly and no errors found, all was Healthy and good.
Regards.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear the EDBR went well. Crosses fingers things remain that way. The regular DBR reindexes the content and does a quick check over. The extended DBR will parse the content and clear the cache files. It's more in depth checking will flush out any errors.

There's no storm chasing where I live because there's too many trees. We did get a good one with some cool lightning though that I watched from my upstairs after I shut my computers down. I lost hardware badly in a storm once so I unplug everything at the first sound of a rumble thunder.

Back