track issue

Forester1

I am working on two routes, both in their very beginning stages. Both are using this track: <kuid2:439337:103196:1>TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny by msgsapper.

But on one of the routes, the track selector keeps wanting to jump back to <kuid2:439337:103417:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Rusty, Track only. I have never actually put this track down anywhere, unless I notice that the selector has switched on me, in which case I delete it and go back to the original track. But after saving and quitting, like I did last night, and then coming back to it like I did tonight, parts of the layout have flipped to <kuid2:439337:103417:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Rusty, Track only. I did a bulk replace back to <kuid2:439337:103196:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny, and was working on putting some bumper stops on some track ends, and then when I panned out and looked around, some of it was back to <kuid2:439337:103417:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Rusty, Track only! I had to do another bulk replace!

Again, I was working on splitting off a junction of one of the tracks and realized I had done the track only, because the selector had flipped back to that again. I NEVER actually have selected that track choice, but it keeps going there. Does anyone have any ideas why this would keep happening?

This is a bug with the asset-list in Surveyor. It's been reported and N3V is working on the problem with pware. The problem was banished before, but came back again in TRS2019 and Plus and it occurs with other things too such as textures, scenery objects, track-objects, and splines. It's most annoying. There's a thread on it in the TRS2019 forum.

You can use the replace-assets tool instead of relaying track. This tool is one of my friends when Surveyor-ing because of this.

Last edited:
Back