Compatible vs Upgraded DLC?

Nethog61

I purchased TRS19 Platinum earlier this year and am now starting to think about buying new route DLC. Looking at the Trainz store I see several routes I am interested in and they all say they work in TANE SP2 and TRS 19. My question is since they list both TANE and TRS19, I am assuming the routes were not upgraded to look great in TRS 19, but only tested to make sure they are compatible with TRS19. Am I correct?
Here are the routes I am interested in:
Brazemore Yard
Franklin Avenue Industrial
Port Zyd &Fulzaturn Railroad
Shortline Railroad
The Shorts and Kerl Traction Railroad

Here is a route that ONLY states TRS19, so I am thinking of getting this one for sure:
Tidewater Point Railroad 2.0

Hi Nethog --

I see two of my routes are mentioned. I have upgraded them to TRS19 standards. The upgrade is free from the Download Station. You do need the DLC routes installed first.

See here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...e-Shortz-amp-Kerl-DLC-layout-updated-to-TRS19

and here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...Zyd-amp-Fulazturn-DLC-layout-updated-to-TRS19

I also have a number of other TRS19 routes and layouts available from the Download Station. You can find a write up of each if you do an Advanced Search of the Forums, thus:

Advanced%20Search.jpg

Phil

philskene! I remember you from a post back in 2009 where you helped me find sessions for PO&N! I recall really enjoying PO&N - any chance of releasing a TRS19 version?

Anyway, thanks for the information regarding The Shortz and Port Zyd routes. if I were only to purchase one of the two routes, which one would you recommend I buy?

Phil’s routes are free on the DLS. Just search Content Manager for Author “philskene” to find his very excellent routes.
Cheers Bob

Nethog --

Which one would I recommend? Well, Port Zyd is a much more expansive layout. Bigger in scope and in operation. But the Shortz (by the way, my original name was The Shortz & Kerliez, but N3V changed the last part) ... . I have a very soft spot for that one. It's a traction layout. Distances between the yards are quite short. It's compact. A lot can happen. You are interacting with AI trainz in the sessions. If I had to make a choice between the two I think I'd choose The Shortz. But it all depends what you prefer.

PO&N. I'd like to do an update to bring it up to TRS19 standards, but I'm still thinking about it. It will require a lot of work and at the moment I'm slightly hesitant to commit to it. I'll import it into TRS19 and see what might be involved. So, "possibly".

As Bob suggests, maybe download and try one or two of my routes on the Download Station. Maybe "Klozzet". "Hoofhearted & Smelz". If you like them you'll probably like the DLC routes too.

Phil

philskene:
Ok great, thank-you for the information on your routes. I will definitely give them a try - I am sure they are all excellent.

Back