Noob question: Where can we get more routes?

tomservo75

Hello Trainz community. I'm very new to this, and I am looking for more routes, I love the Canadian Rockies but getting tired of just that route. I go to the content manager but I can't seem to find any routes to download there either. Is there a way to search by country and/or state? I want to find things like the Northeast Corridor from Boston to Washington, or the American Rockies, some of the Amtrak routes like Coast Starlight, Vermonter, Cascades, Empire Builder. But I see no place to search for them. Maybe there are some similar user-made ones? I'm just not sure where to look other than Content Manager and I'm having trouble finding any routes there, all I find are the built-in and internals.

In CM along the top: on the left side there is a drop-down. Choose "Download Station". Then on the right side there is a search box, put whatever you're looking for in there. You may need to try a couple different search terms to find it, as members here who are the folks uploading stuff there call things differently.

PS: That being said, Amtrak is a bit unloved around here by the folks who make stuff, so you're unlikely to find an "Coast Starlight" route or another named Amtrak route. That being said there are still quite a lot of routes out there & a lot of them have stations on them. There are a few routes out there that a modeled off from real tracks that Amtrak uses, but they're more aimed at the freight lines so will be listed by their freight name.

Last edited:
Learn to use the "filter" at the top of Content Manager. You can specifically filter to show Routes only.
- Click the triangle to the left of "Installed" at top.
- Click on "True" and set from True to "False" - You are now seeing everything you have NOT installed.
- On far right of that same line click on the plus sign
- You will get a "second filter" under "Installed"
- Set the second filter to "Category" = "Route" to see uninstalled routes only.

Hi,
welcome!

Just to add to the above advice, Using the Content manager you can also filter the route by "build number" - the highest numbers are for TS 2019, so look there first (avoids some compatibility problems).

Also, use the filter for "Session" - look for the same author as the route. It's not always clear which session belongs to which route (unless you read the description carefully!)

Lastly, try your hand in Surveyor!

Colin

If you don't want to filter, just maske sure the "Type" column is selected then click on the column header. It will sort by type and you can scroll down to see all the routes. Not as good as a filter, because then you can't sort by version though.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...es-TANE-Friendly-Classics-The-best-of-the-DLS

Check out the above link. It is a discussion from about a year or so ago that lists quite a number of nice routes from the DLS. Note that, while the thread relates primarily to TANE, most, if not all, of the mentioned routes will run in TS 2019 as well. Where things might get complicated is in trying to find all of the dependencies for some of the routes. Some of the route creators, like philskene & msgsapper, are very diligent in trying to use only content available on the DLS. You can use CM as detailed by others above, to search for layouts by the creator's user name.

Hi tom --

I'm assuming from your original post that you are interested in longer routes? Can they be fictitious? If so there is one of mine that might interest you -- "Rivercide". I have several more TRS19 routes and layouts on the Download Station, though most of them are more like compact model railroads intended for switching operations. A fuller description is given in my various postings in the Forums. To find them, and to see if you are interested, do an Advanced Search of the Forums, thus:

Advanced%20Search.jpg

Tell us if this helps.

Phi

Fictional is good, it's fine, I used those Amtrak results as examples. I like mountains, rivers, good and varied scenery for instance.

Hi tom --

I'm assuming from your original post that you are interested in longer routes? Can they be fictitious? If so there is one of mine that might interest you -- "Rivercide". I have several more TRS19 routes and layouts on the Download Station, though most of them are more like compact model railroads intended for switching operations. A fuller description is given in my various postings in the Forums. To find them, and to see if you are interested, do an Advanced Search of the Forums, thus:

Advanced%20Search.jpg

Tell us if this helps.

Phi

PS: That being said, Amtrak is a bit unloved around here by the folks who make stuff, so you're unlikely to find an "Coast Starlight" route or another named Amtrak route.

Yeah I can kind of understand that LOL. I used them just as examples of the type of stuff I like to look for. But as far as searching, I'm not sure what search terms to use, can I enter place names or terrain type, etc.?

Back