Narrow gauge grain hoppers

If I knew how I would try to give the cars an aged wood look. It always amazes me on the great community we have here. when someone has an issue, we all band together and come up with a solution :)

If I knew how I would try to give the cars an aged wood look. It always amazes me on the great community we have here. when someone has an issue, we all band together and come up with a solution :)

Ben Dorsey worked on these many years ago and used the best means available then to achieve the aged wood look. Because of the painting limits back then it is fairly easy to substitute texture patches but can result in odd over all patterns. Feel free to experiment. :D

The two grain cars are now available on the DLS and there will be an update for them shortly to allow them to carry other common grains in addition to genesteal's bakery flour.
<kuid:633834:160140> NG36 Grain Boxcar
<kuid:633834:160141> NG36 Grain Boxcar V2

The flour car has been delayed due to N3V's ongoing CM problems but I have a workaround and it should be available shortly. It only carries genesteal's flour.

BTW all lettering is controlled within the config.txt so you can modify that as you wish. :D

Last edited:
Ben Dorsey worked on these many years ago and used the best means available then to achieve the aged wood look. Because of the painting limits back then it is fairly easy to substitute texture patches but can result in odd over all patterns. Feel free to experiment. :D

The two grain cars are now available on the DLS and there will be an update for them shortly to allow them to carry other common grains in addition to genesteal's bakery flour.
<kuid:633834:160140> NG36 Grain Boxcar
<kuid:633834:160141> NG36 Grain Boxcar V2

The flour car has been delayed due to N3V's ongoing CM problems but I have a workaround and it should be available shortly. It only carries genesteal's flour.

BTW all lettering is controlled within the config.txt so you can modify that as you wish. :D

Awesome! BTW, How would I go about retexturing the flour car? Maybe I'll take a crack at it :)

Back