road asset "floating" abve the grid/base

I know I saw something about this here before, but I can't seem to get the key words for the search right to find it again.

I'm working on a route and the road splines I am using are floating above the grid by what looks like a foot. the tracks are snapped to the grid and rais and lower it accordingly. the other assets are snapped to the grid and are affected by it accordingly, but the road... it raises and lowers the base when the numbers are applied, just like everything else, but it's still not sitting flush to the ground.

I need roads with cars moving on them, both 2 and 4 lane.

Route is set up for in the USA.

Is there a "best" road? One that sits flush?

Last edited:
If I understand your question, the road vehicles are moving on a road but are floating above the road? If this is the case try different roads. The problem you have is that the roads you are using are flat (no height). What you want is roads that have height so that the top surface meets the bottom of the tires. I suggest the YARNish series of roads for paved roads and the tb road - gravel series for gravel roads.

If I understand your question, the road vehicles are moving on a road but are floating above the road? If this is the case try different roads. The problem you have is that the roads you are using are flat (no height). What you want is roads that have height so that the top surface meets the bottom of the tires. I suggest the YARNish series of roads for paved roads and the tb road - gravel series for gravel roads.

no the road itself is above the base ground/grid. if you camera to flat ground level and look you can see the spline is sitting jusr above the gray and yellow grid. when you run it over trackes, the tracks appear under it, as do grass assets, etc. the cars are running on the road.

no the road itself is above the base ground/grid. if you camera to flat ground level and look you can see the spline is sitting jusr above the gray and yellow grid. when you run it over trackes, the tracks appear under it, as do grass assets, etc. the cars are running on the road.

These are very old assets, assuming this is Road USA or something similar.

As said above, replace these with YARN and YARN-ish and the problem will go away.

These are very old assets, assuming this is Road USA or something similar.

As said above, replace these with YARN and YARN-ish and the problem will go away.

Either that, or manually lower the road spline to the ground, while I would not recommend it, if you are really set on the roads you are using, you can use that as an option.

while I would not recommend it, if you are really set on the roads you are using, you can use that as an option.

Yes, I can assure you that that option it is a "lot of fun" on a very large route with lots of roads. It does work though, however there will always be "fiddly bits" where you will have to raise of lower the surrounding terrain to match the road height.

Yes, I can assure you that that option it is a "lot of fun" on a very large route with lots of roads. It does work though, however there will always be "fiddly bits" where you will have to raise of lower the surrounding terrain to match the road height.

I'm in the process of renovating an old route I did over multiple versions and have lots of old roads. Yup "lost of fun".

Back