Starting my trainz experience

sarakeller

I am in the process of beginning my Trainz experience. But my internet connection is a metered connection. I will need to have boxed purchases for my computer. Do I have to look at each application in order to find those that are available in boxed packages? I would enjoy the help. Thanks

Hi Sara! Welcome to Trainz! My first purchase was T:ANE Standard Edition in the box, but I recommend getting the deluxe if you can find it, there is much more to it, and it is a lot to download if you get the deluxe bundle later like I did. I am hoping someone else can speak to TS2019. There is the full version, which I recommend, and there are regional versions, so I don't know which ones are available in a box. I assume you would not want the subscription services, as they provide a lot of extra content, but it is all by download. Also, be aware that any service packs or updates after purchase will be download only. There is a cornucopia of downloadable assets and routes, but be aware that the default download speed is very slow, around 5-9KB/sec, so downloads can take a while. That may be a blessing on a metered connection, as you control just how much you download over a given period of time. Feel free to keep an eye on the forums, as there is a lot being discussed all the time, and you will have access to more forums once you have a registered version.

Well spotted John.

Lately I have grown more suspicious of relatively more complex posts from unregistered users - the suspicion is that the posts may be just placeholders for future spam or trolling. By making them look more genuine the spammers/trolls hope to get past any close scrutiny. Next time I come across one of these posts I will certainly check the join date.

But, of course, this could be a genuine post in which case I would be interested in hearing about this "new users" adventures during the last 9 years.

My thoughts.

Thank you for the reply to my question. Just a little about myself. My name is Dennis, I am a retired Emergency Services Officer/Paramedic. I live in a rural area here in Iowa and the only internet service for us here is with a cell provider which is a metered connection. I have been a member since 2011 getting all of the emails from Trainz and looking at all of the things that I could wish for. Up until recently, I did not have a computer that had the ability to be able to download any of the programs on and have it operate correctly. I now have a computer that will be more suitable now. So my long wait is over and I can begin to collect my operating trains for myself. So after many years of using the old Microsoft Train Simulator. I hopefully will be heading towards something a little more with the times.

Well I first started in 2010 and didn't run it again until I think the last sale (there was another one which a friend has now joined me from Run8). One of the first things you need to do is register your product. We'll know if you registered by the titles that show up with your username. Your name is Dennis but you have the alias Sara Keller?

Thanks

Sean

Well Dennis, I am happy to see that you are a real person and a genuine long standing member. I always thought that my internet connection, until quite recently, was very slow and limiting but I am amazed to see that even in Iowa USA an internet connection can be just as poor.

As a first step you might want to post your system specs (CPU type, available RAM, GPU type, HDD/SDD storage space) so others here can help you assess which Trainz options might be suitable. Stating that you now have a computer that "might be more suitable" does not give us much of a clue.

There are no boxed editions currently available from our store. I believe one outlet in the US has some stock (sorry no other details handy).
Big Boy Trains & Hobbies

Copied from trainzportal store: "[h=2]Choose your version[/h]Physical or Digital:
Physical (Boxed DVD) Edition is available for the additional price of postage and handling. Shipping will commence May 24, 2019.
"
It is in the product description of TRS19. As far as I know there was never any boxed TRS19 version. So why do You confuse potential customers with such informations then?

Copied from trainzportal store: "[h=2]Choose your version[/h]Physical or Digital:
Physical (Boxed DVD) Edition is available for the additional price of postage and handling. Shipping will commence May 24, 2019.
"
It is in the product description of TRS19. As far as I know there was never any boxed TRS19 version. So why do You confuse potential customers with such informations then?
They had box copies a year ago, and from the looks, n3v hasn't restocked since then.

To Dennis - with the box copy, you'll still require internet connection for every 30 days so trainz can make a phone call to the parents (DRM servers).

Cheers

Back