Entered driver commands in surveyor mode not visible in driver mode - TRS2019

belgian46

Hello,

I need some assistance.

In a session of my route, in surveyor using edit session - driver setup - edit driver - I have added some commands to some consists.

Saved everything ( also the session ) - exit surveyor and then clicked on the session and clicked on drive session.

In driver mode - all the drivers can be used ( all are visible ), however none of the commands that I have entered are visible. :confused:

Did I forget something?

Also, quick drive, does it still exist? Somewhere hidden?

Kind regards,

Kurt :wave:

Last edited:
Hi Kurt,

Make sure you are using the right session. Also only enter commands in the session and not the route, otherwise, things will get confused. (Trust me on this!)

With Platinum version, you have Quick-Drive built-in.

Place some consists while in Surveyor.
Click on the tool icon on the top of the screen.
Switch to Driver.
Unpause and drive.

Hello John,

Thank you for your swift reply. :)

I rechecked everything- and followed all your instructions, but no, my entered commands do not show up in driver mode.

drivers%20setup.JPG

driver%20mode.JPG

Kind regards

Last edited:
Yeah I know what's going on, I think!

If you are switching to driver-mode, even though you have edited a session and saved, you won't see the commands. This is because the driver-mode is just like the old-fashioned quick-drive where you need to place a consist - like pressing the F2 command in Surveyor.

If you created a session and saved it, the commands will be there along with the drivers just as you show here.

I hope I 'splained it.

There is one thing to watch out with the Driver-mode.

If you edit an active session, meaning drivers all over the place doing their thing and you save it over your saved driver-session, the driver starting positions and schedules will be messed up. I found this out the hard way and ended up with a mess so bad I had to revert my session from backup.

Hello Pitkin,

Just added 2 screenshots in answer #3.

Kind regards

You have checked "remove existing drivers first". Seems like their commands would be gone also? However, I do not use the newer combined driver/surveyor system, so I am only guessing here. Might be worth a try to uncheck it.

Hello John,

Thank you for the procedure. :)

I didn't go from within surveyor mode into driver mode. I saved the session, closed surveyor. Then clicked on the session I wanted to use and clicked on drive session.

No commands are shown. Very strange.

I will close TRS19, restart it and do a rebuild database.

Kind regards.

Hello John,

I restarted TRS19. When opening, I clicked on developer - rebuild database. After the rebuild, click on start Trainz. Went to the route I wanted to use, my session and clicked on drive session.

And the result, there is a change - out of my 6 consists - 3 show my entered commands and 3 don't show my entered commands. Before, I had 6 consists not showing any of my entered commands.

Now, the search begins - what is happening with my entered commands with the 3 other consists?

Kind regards

I had the same issue and I have been using Trainz for over 10 years and never had that issue. Got no help on the forum so I wrote the help desk and got this reply that fixed my problem. Strange I never had it happen before.

Good Afternoon Gt350
Can you please tell me if this session has been saved after driving in Driver for a period of time?

If so, then please keep in mind that any session that has been saved after having been loaded into 'driver mode' will have run some or all of the rules and as such these will not be run again automatically. Any changes made in these rules will not be loaded unless you reset the rule, which you can do by right clicking on the rule and then click on 'reset'.

Please note that resetting some rules may cause any data in those rules to be cleared.

You can check if a rule has already been run in a session by checking if the icon for the rule has a green or blue box around it; both indicate that the rule has been run and will not be run again.

Please check these helpful pages:

FAQ
Trainz Knowledgebase
Trainz Forums
TRS2019 FAQ

I had the same issue and I have been using Trainz for over 10 years and never had that issue. Got no help on the forum so I wrote the help desk and got this reply that fixed my problem. Strange I never had it happen before.

Good Afternoon Gt350
Can you please tell me if this session has been saved after driving in Driver for a period of time?

If so, then please keep in mind that any session that has been saved after having been loaded into 'driver mode' will have run some or all of the rules and as such these will not be run again automatically. Any changes made in these rules will not be loaded unless you reset the rule, which you can do by right clicking on the rule and then click on 'reset'.

Please note that resetting some rules may cause any data in those rules to be cleared.

You can check if a rule has already been run in a session by checking if the icon for the rule has a green or blue box around it; both indicate that the rule has been run and will not be run again.

Please check these helpful pages:

FAQ
Trainz Knowledgebase
Trainz Forums
TRS2019 FAQ

Hello GT350,

Thank you very much for your information. :) Yes, the problem has been fixed :clap:.

I went into driver setup - some icons did show blue or green. Clicked on restart all rules and all the icons got a reset.

Clicked on the checkmark - and saved the session ( one never knows ). Closed surveyor - and restarted my traditional procedure. Then switched to driver mode - and all my entered commands were visible :cool:.

In all my versions of Trainz, I have had something weird going on. TRS2019 is no exception ;). Nevertheless, there has always been a solution or workaround for the issue.

Kind regards

Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that one for the future.

Kurt you are right. Every version of Trainz has a weird thing with it that requires a workaround, fiddle, and a prayer.

Back