156 Strange Downloads!

boleyd

This morning, as has occurred many times in the recent past, I was greeted with 156 missing assets. Last night I had an error free route, today it is a mess. Each asset was marked as Available For Download. Yeah, I know, shut-up and download. First it wastes my time, which is limited. Second it makes me mad. I feel confident that those two items are not components of the N3V business plan. I receive no pleasure from repairing my route due to oddities of a program I have spent considerable money and time on. Debugging and repairing a program as old as this one is ridiculous! N3V continues to simply trod along with features that sell ($$$) and no attention to customer problems.

Somehow I feel that since I paid money for the product I should not be encumbered with filling out reports or spending time searching for faults. I am used to PROFESSIONAL companies who take a report,categorize it and place it on a list that is available to the customer. That list may include, or not include, reports from other customers. N3v gives us a black hole populated with a self-serving newsletter.

Yes, it is not fair to compare N3V to multi-billion dollar companies that fly you around in their corporate airplanes! But it is fair to question why N3V has no quality control process that is customer facing. Probably because it would produce no revenue. The Boss might pop in here and echo that truth. For that reason I really expect no relief from constant problems, with few remedies. I will now download the 156 newly designated item and hope for the best. Tomorrow I will check the database in the morning, and cross-my-fingers.

Hello boleyd, what were the Assets that were missing? I am curious of what they were, just name e few if you can.
Cheers.

I have no idea. I was so mad because I have had this happen twice before but at those events I looked at the route first which was wiped out. Working the problem from that direction led to chest pains. But the screen listing the missing items is just a blur. Based on past events I would guess that these were both texture and hard assets. Signals, and items directly related to trains and track, seemed untouched.

Anyhow I now look at the database first in the morning. It is not as visually dramatic. I should note the type of asset involvement, but emotion has a way of clouding reason.

I might note that I take no pleasure in troubleshooting. While others may feel an obligation to do so I do not. If this was a new product I certain would. Sorry for the digression.

I have no idea. I was so mad because I have had this happen twice before but at those events I looked at the route first which was wiped out.

You can find out what got downloaded today by sorting assets by Installation Date in Content Manager. You won't sort out all these problems with your system until you do proper trouble-shooting.

Back