Classic Trains US magazine - Is it any good?

CaptEngland

Trainz Engineer
Hello all.

As an Englishman slowly getting into the Railroads of America in the time line of 1930's - 1950's, I have found this magazine (Classic Trains) for sale. I just wondered if anyone could recommend it for a British newcomer to the era and railroads at this time. I also see that they do a archive DVD of all issues from 2000 to 2014 so if recommended I will be ordering this!

As a aside to include something Trainz related, Is there anyone out there who has a good trainz model of a Penn Q2 locomotive?

Cheers mates! ;)

Thanks for the replies guys. I took the plunge and ordered the DVD. Just have to wait over a month (?) for it to be shipped. It looks like it's done in a similar format to the British magazines like Backtrack and Steam Trains.

Cheers!

That must be a new one, I have CT CD 2000 to 2009. You may like the Trains CD 1940-2010, most of what is in Classic is from Trains.

Hello CaptEngland,

If you can find a "WHSMITH" the bookseller open, they usually stock a few copies of CT mag, normally on sale a few weeks after publication in the US. Try an outlet at a major railway station. Expect to pay a bit more due to exchange rates and expect sale in the UK may be disrupted due also to the Virus.

Best of luck, evilcrow

Back