Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NV3 Next Generation Content

Wait, what class 14s are we talking about?

There was a payware one released by N3V for TS12 (I think) - basically the same one as released for Railworks by "He whose name shall not be mentioned" in BR green only.

Some of his RW models were very good, some less so, and the Class 14 fell into the latter category, although the cab was good.

There are multiple versions of the Class 14 on the DLS by TMZ06003 which are much better - bar the cab.

Oh right. I went looking at the DLC in the Steam Store and there is a Class 14 pack BUT I can't seem to select it or add it to my cart. I assume its just on the DLS now.

The DLS Class 14 is a mesh from Pikkabird which I completed and tmz06003 did the texturing AFAIR, it was years ago. The Payware version was never updated so it can’t be downloaded for the current Trainz programs.

Paul

United States of America, New York, Allegany

Wow ! " It looks so reeeeeeal " as Sammy Sosa used to say for the High Heat 2001 baseball simulator.
    Great screenshot
    Quote Originally Posted by RailRoadEngineer View Post

T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Thanks for replies. And for Tony's response as well. I was feeling pretty frustrated when I posted. I do feel that the advances made with TANE and TRS19 are being let down by the lack of quality content to go with the upgraded game engine. The situation for UK trainzers who want to model BR routes is fairly dire - most of the locos are 10 to 20 years old; for coaches, the Mk1s are 12 years old, the later Mk2s about the same and we never did get early Mk2s with 3D interiors. Same for Mk3. For first generation DMUs, only a small number of classes.

We offer primarily what we 3rd party content creators provide.
    This seems like quite a passive attitude - it doesn't matter how good the game looks, we need to have trains to run in it! Couldn't N3V take a more proactive approach? ie. actively researching what content people would like and then trying to support/incentivise 3rd party creators to meet that demand?

Anthony's idea about crowd-funding new content seems like a good idea, I'd be up for it.

Paul

Blog Entries

It all comes down to demand - is there a sufficient market for any new payware content that is specific to a particular region, time period and genre? Who would be prepared to spend the 100s of person-hours to create that content if the demand is limited to a very few enthusiasts who are prepared to pay - and how much would they be prepared to pay (supply-demand laws would dictate the cost per customer)?

N3V are a (very) small operation and do not create payware content themselves (AFAIK) and create little, if any, freeware. And as for paying for research????

My opinions.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

Quote Originally Posted by JimDep View Post
    Wow ! " It looks so reeeeeeal " as Sammy Sosa used to say for the High Heat 2001 baseball simulator.
    Great screenshot
    Isn't that an actual prototype shot? If not, can I have a copy of the post processing settings that arrived at that level of realism, please?!
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Isn't that an actual prototype shot? If not, can I have a copy of the post processing settings that arrived at that level of realism, please?!

I am pretty sure I saw that on a TRS2004 screenshot years ago!
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

Can I have a copy of the post processing settings that arrived at that level of realism, please?!
    It is a photograph taken from Flickr, not in game screenshot.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

It is a photograph taken from Flickr, not in game screenshot.
    The dead giveaway is the lack of jelly fish guts and floating track from the oversized PBR textures.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Well to be fair, not even Train Sim World offers quite that level of realistic appearance!
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

Well to be fair, not even Train Sim World (UK USA Germany) offers quite that level of realistic appearance!
    It died already when 2.0 was announced
    Last edited by RailRoadEngineer; June 29th, 2020 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    The dead giveaway is the lack of jelly fish guts and floating track from the oversized PBR textures.
    What does it means in the context?

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

What does it means in the context?
    PBR textures. The scale is huge usually and especially the ballast. The track looks like it's floating on a layer of clear jelly more reminiscent of jellyfish guts.

Try then and you'll see what I mean.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618