Need to know what this Line does in the Config Files?

jjeff1955

kind "scenery"
trackside -2.8

light 1

follow-gradient 0
mesh-table
{
{
mesh "CatchPoint.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

Lol many times over as I have looked every where online at the Wiki config pages and come up with nothing on the light 1?

I see it all the time in my asset config files, and I just remove it with no changes in the asset's visuals or functions.
Can any one tell me what it is for and if it is not needed for this Trainz 2019?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

For TANE and later versions this line doesn't do anything.

For TS12 and earlier versions you will notice a difference in looks if the asset has a high enough triangle count (which I think is above 1200, but it has been ages since I run into this and have been putting that line in by default since then).

You will be required to remove that line when the build number of the asset is 4.0 or higher (as it is obsolete in the versions able to use those build numbers).

Thank You that helps me out to know that it is not needed for this Trainz version. I have been removing it, to clean up a lot of not needed lines in the Config files.
I kinda of thought that this was not needed anymore.
Thank You for your fast reply.
Cheers.

If out of mesh-table subcontainer, generating error in TANE, if in any subcontainer within mesh-table, just sitting there silently with no error, no warning and no effect.

Thanks
Dinorius_Redundicus

I looked everywhere on Wiki for this Info, much appreciated!
I coped it to a Notepad.
Seems that 2019 ignores it anyway as I delete it and Test, and add it back again and I can not see any lighting differences with the environment changes, of course with my bad Eye site who knows.
At least Thanks to you I now have all of the descriptions of what I need.
Cheers to you.
jjeff1955

Back