Game clock

PapaCharlie62

I have TANE
and TRS19, the clock doesn't work on TRS19. Can't find start up options or quick drive rule in TRS19. Any suggestions?

Yeah no problems in 2019 for me.

But speaking of this, I wonder if there is a rule to fast forward the clock on command. Not by changing the rate which I understand but on demand being able to fast forward time.

For example I have a small class 1 line with only a few trains a day. So I want to continue running on an ongoing basis 24/7 over time. When I come back in I want to reload and continue. But to get through the lulls and down time I wand to advance the clock. I'm just wondering if that is possible, and perhaps something I may have not heard of.

If not, no big deal.

Thanks

Sean

I have never attempted to do this but perhaps add a copy (or another copy) of the Time and Rate Rule set to a particular time and activated by a trigger.

EDIT: I just tested the above and it worked.Screenshot below.

Using-Time-and-Rate-rule-to-alter-time-in-session.jpg

Last edited:
That works as does a similar setting in Quick Drive Rule. It seems that Trainz scans the entire list of your rules and runs certain rules first to create the environment you intended.

Yeah no problems in 2019 for me.

But speaking of this, I wonder if there is a rule to fast forward the clock on command. Not by changing the rate which I understand but on demand being able to fast forward time.

For example I have a small class 1 line with only a few trains a day. So I want to continue running on an ongoing basis 24/7 over time. When I come back in I want to reload and continue. But to get through the lulls and down time I wand to advance the clock. I'm just wondering if that is possible, and perhaps something I may have not heard of.

If not, no big deal.

Thanks

Sean

While in Driver you can change time, day, month (season changes) for that "Drive." In Driver mode click the "Window" icon just to the left of the Question Mark at top left. Select Session Options, grab and drag the clock hand to set the time, change calendar as desired for spring, summer, or winter operation. Set weather options at bottom.

I did that, too, but the clock still doesn't change during the session, it stays at the time set in the Start up rule.

Apologies, I had assumed the rule had been added to the session as mentioned above and my note was for info only. A good number of people seemingly don't quickly notice the option in the menu and like to control day/night/weather during a session.

Also, as info, I have a number of sessions that don't have the Time Rule in the session and the clock runs fine. But there is a QuickDrive rule in them which has a clock setting and rate (as mentioned above).

Last edited:
It seems that Trainz scans the entire list of your rules and runs certain rules first to create the environment you intended.

Trainz scans and executes all the first level rules simultaneously - these are the rules that are flush up against the left margin of the session editor. While all these rules are executed simultaneously, some will take longer to complete than others.

In my screenshot, for example:-
  1. the first Time and Rate Rule will be executed at the same time as the Trigger Check Rule below it
  2. The Time and Rate Rule will set the time of day to 12:00 (noon) at which point that rule will terminate having completed its only task.
  3. the Trigger Check Rule will, simultaneously, set a "watch and wait" on Trigger 9 that will be activated when a consist enters its action range. It will not be terminated.
  4. When Trigger 9 has been activated by a consist, the Trigger Check Rule will immediately:-
    1. execute its child rule, the second Time and Rate Rule - this will set the clock to 23:00 hrs and then terminate.
    2. The termination of the second Time and Rate Rule will also terminate its parent the Trigger Check Rule (if it has been set to trigger only once) as its only child rule has been terminated.

Last edited:
Back