Downloaded route, CTD, did db rebuild, TRS19 now won't launch - bad cache file?

1611mac

- - . -
Previously great running TRS19 install suddenly won't launch. I had just installed a freeware route from CM. Got a CTD upon route launch. Did a db rebuild and crash. TRS19 now won't launch. I double click TRS19, get hourglass for a few seconds, then nothing.

Guessing I need to delete a corrupt cache perhaps??

Build 106618 Plus

That's what it sounds like to me. You should try an EDR.

Press CTRL key while selecting rebuild database.

Note:

This can and will take a very long time.

There maybe faulty assets in the end, don't panic, select these faulty assets and view errors and warnings by right-clicking on them and choosing that option. The assets will refresh and the errors should go away. You might have to switch views by selecting another filter such as installed and coming back to faulty if they still show. If there are any faulty assets remaining, repair, or replace.

Can't do a EDR. As I said, I don't even get to the launcher panel to select a rebuild. The app doesn't launch at all.

Edit- Update: Changed the name of my data folder so app could build a new one.... app still crashes immediately. No launcher. I'll re-install app, test, then point to my existing data folder.

Last edited:
Can't do a EDR. As I said, I don't even get to the launcher panel to select a rebuild. The app doesn't launch at all.

Edit- Update: Changed the name of my data folder so app could build a new one.... app still crashes immediately. No launcher. I'll re-install app, test, then point to my existing data folder.

I misunderstood... The usual crash is data-related. This sounds worse and the the route install could very well have been coincidental.

Did you update anything recently in your system such as graphics drivers, system drivers? It's things like this that can kill programs.

No... I had a second instance of '19 installed for plus beta stream. I pointed it to my "normal" data folder (the one used by the crashing app) and everything works fine. So it is definitely something in the app install itself. I'll just do a fresh install for my normal "plus" stream.

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it.

No... I had a second instance of '19 installed for plus beta stream. I pointed it to my "normal" data folder (the one used by the crashing app) and everything works fine. So it is definitely something in the app install itself. I'll just do a fresh install for my normal "plus" stream.

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it.

That's good news. Something just got hosed. (whew!)

I have the same setup as well and keep a second test database just for that, but like you should something fail on the program side all I do is repoint and pray.

I have backups of user data folder and it's easy enough to reinstall the app so I don't worry much about such problems. But before I fix things I enjoy trying to figure out what went wrong. I'm "sick" that way. I also like to get ideas from people here on the forums. I figure it's best to know as much as you can. :)

I have backups of user data folder and it's easy enough to reinstall the app so I don't worry much about such problems. But before I fix things I enjoy trying to figure out what went wrong. I'm "sick" that way. I also like to get ideas from people here on the forums. I figure it's best to know as much as you can. :)

I'm sick that way as well. It comes from me being an old technician, i.e. computer doctor. I'm never satisfied with a dead part, or program and always need to see what happened. This is actually a good thing because sometimes, more than sometimes actually, I've found the cause and now look for it first before going down another avenue.

Just recently my UPS died. Granted it was 10 years old and the batteries were showing their age recently. I disconnected everything and put the UPS on my workbench. When I popped the lid off, I could smell fried electronic parts - an odor I know really well from my old hardware tech days. Poking around I noticed some scorching on the circuit boards and that was the end of it. I then read up on it to see what could happen and sure enough, just as I found, the caps leak and parts scorch in the charging circuit if they take a big hit. So something died in there when a spike must've come through and zapped things. We did take a big hit about 2 weeks ago during a severe storm so that's possible.

After I saw that, I bought a new unit of the same wattage (VA), and paid about twice for what it would have cost for a set of batteries, besides the new unit comes with a 3 year warranty and new batteries. If I got the new, really reconditioned, batteries for the old unit I would have no use for them because they wouldn't fit the new one anyway and would have to go through an annoying RMA/credit process.

It's great being "sick" over things like this.

I surely relate to you John,
as my UPS 1500 VA just failed also, what a hassle and they are not cheap.

I also grew old of being a Electronic and PC Technician myself over the Years.
Was a Car mechanic im my Teens and 20s.
what a story there, lol.

I surely relate to you John,
as my UPS 1500 VA just failed also, what a hassle and they are not cheap.

I also grew old of being a Electronic and PC Technician myself over the Years.
Was a Car mechanic im my Teens and 20s.
what a story there, lol.

Yup. I was never allowed to work on cars, but got zapped a few times in my life working on video terminals. One was strong enough to put me on my backside!

Back