Can't access new "plus" turf fx features.

Piere

G'day All,

I was thinking of dipping my toe into the turf-fx quicksand today but I don't seem to be able to see / find some of the features mentioned that should be available in trainz plus (yes, I'm a plus subscriber)

Reading the wiki about bulk replacement over a texture, or copying other presets, I don't seem to have any of that available. The wiki shows this screen when talking about these features;
2020-01-24_105930.png

but my advanced options screen only looks like this;
Turf_defaults.jpg

My trainz build number is 105175

Could anyone suggest what I might be getting wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Piere.

You need to click on the Edit/add effect layers box to the right of your turfFx name TurfFx-Test

G'day Lewiscc65,

If you mean the one like this;
Turfeffectlayeredit.jpg

That's what I'm clicking to just get the basic options as above.

Cheers,
Piere.

Plus is on 106618 now. You appear to have a previous Steam SP1 version? as 105175 isn't on the N3V list The new TurfFx was the Q1 plus release that came out shortly after SP1.

Might want to check your update stream is on Trainz Plus and not something else.

G'day Malc,

Thanks for the suggestion. Being a Steam version, I don't seem to have the option of selecting streams etc. The only option I have under the "install" tab, is where to set the location of the database.

I have the steam settings to supposedly download any updates automatically and there don't seem the be any available that aren't downloaded.

I wonder if the plus options don't work properly with steam versions?

Cheers,
Piere.

Hi Piere
Unfortunately, due to the way that Steam handles games, including updates, the Trainz Plus releases cannot be installed into the Steam edition.

However you can install the latest Trainz Plus release separately by following these steps:
1. Copy and paste this url into your browser http://www.auran.com/planetauran/login.php
2. Log in using your MyTrainz username (same as your Trainz Store username)
3. Click on the 'Download TRS19' link on the left hand menu
4. Click on the download link for the online installer to download the installer
5. Once downloaded, run the installer. During installation, you may need to change the patch stream to 'trainz plus' by clicking on 'change stream' and then selecting 'trainz plus' in the list.

Regards

Hi Piere
Unfortunately, due to the way that Steam handles games, including updates, the Trainz Plus releases cannot be installed into the Steam edition.

However you can install the latest Trainz Plus release separately by following these steps:
1. Copy and paste this url into your browser http://www.auran.com/planetauran/login.php
2. Log in using your MyTrainz username (same as your Trainz Store username)
3. Click on the 'Download TRS19' link on the left hand menu
4. Click on the download link for the online installer to download the installer
5. Once downloaded, run the installer. During installation, you may need to change the patch stream to 'trainz plus' by clicking on 'change stream' and then selecting 'trainz plus' in the list.

Regards

G'day Zec,

Thanks for the info, although I'm a little more confused now as my start screen shows the "+" for Trainz Plus, plus I've been using the new views and unified driver surveyor and additional content since I subscribed, so it seems to have installed those updates ok. How would it install those, but not others?

Also, would this mean that I've been paying for features I couldn't use?

If I download as you suggest, will that mean I'll have two complete installations of TRS2019 on my system?

Thanks again for the info and suggestion.

Cheers,
Piere.

Well, I went to try to download the separate version as suggested, but I'm having problems there as well.

I selected "Download TRS19 (Trainz Plus Edition) Online Installer", which then downloaded a file called "TRS19-Platinum-Online-Installer". When I run that, it goes through a few steps then asks me to select a :stream", so I select "Trainz Plus" and it tells me "No patch currently available for this product" and has no option to continue.

The only "stream" which looks like it would work is the Platinum one, but that says the build number is 105100, which is lower than what I already have through Steam.

I'm I missing something obvious again? (I haven't installed anything yet)

Cheers,
Piere.

Don't think you can set set the Stream until it's installed and your username and password entered. I'd use the offline installer, just a case of install, add username etc and change the stream for the update.

Stagecoach; I tried the Plus Beta option for the online installer, that didn't work either.

Malc, thanks for the continuing advice and suggestions. I've downloaded and installed the offline version and I am currently applying the patch to that, which seems to be working.

Now, before I screw anything up; now that I have two versions installed, am I ok to point the new version to the same data folder or does that risk losing or deleting stuff that I've used with the original, steam version? Can I point both installs to the same data folder?

Cheers,
Piere.

Not advisable to use the same data folder for different installs especially if one is Steam or you will end up having to repair the database when you use the other version, just copy the folder and point TRS19 to that.

OK, Thanks Malc. Although 550Gb is a LOT of hd space to take up with duplication.

Thanks again for the help and advice.

Cheers,
Piere.

Back