How to hook up roundhouse

Forester1

Hi! I am trying to assemble the TBS Roundhouse by Don49plm. I painstakingly assembled twelve pieces, and then realized I don't know how to attach the turntable The screenshot below does not show all the swirling points, but even with the shift key, I can't move the turntable in a fine enough motion to put it together. I think I m supposed to use stubs? But his stubs are 45 and 60 meters long, and neither will fit here. Trying to attach each roundhouse piece during assembly might have been the way, but then I don't know how I would have gotten them all aligned as I had to move and rotate each piece several time in order to get them to align properly. Nevertheless maybe that is how it has to be done? Thanks for any tips!
roundhouse.jpg

I would say you need to move the turntable under the tracks so the tabs on the tt meet up. The old 120 ft turntable had connectors for doing that
Cheers,
Mike

You attach the stalls to the turntable, not the other way around.

When you place a stall near one of the points on the TT (it should also be close to the right alignment angle too), the track attachment point on the stall will snap to attach to the point on the TT. This also automatically aligns the stalls with each other.

The way I do it is, place the TT where you want it, then add the stalls by clicking "add" with the mouse pointer over the center of the TT pivot point (or close to it). This will place the stall somewhere around the circumference of the TT. Then, rotate the stall to about where you want it (the rotation point is equal to where the center of the TT should be) then use "move" to finally link up the two corresponding track attachment points. Note: the automatic "snap" attachment will only work with the "move" function, even if the rotation has placed it very close to where you want it. Often I only need to just give it a small "twitch" with the "move" function to get it to snap into place.

In your example above, if you grab each stall, one by one, and drag it to the relevant point on the TT, they should automatically snap into position.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Piere.

Last edited:
Thanks Piere, that was kind of what i thought, I was just looking to not disturb that great alignment I had, but I will do it again. Mikeaust, that is what I was trying to do, but whenever I got close, even though I had the shift key down, the move would skip past the alignment, and I could never get them to hook up. Thanks for the assistance guys!

Edit. Haha! That was Soooo much easier than the way I did it before. I wish I'd have thought of it. Easy peasy! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back