Cutting off objects at the fascia

coalsootkid

I'm currently building a model railroad route following a trackplan from Model Railroad Planning and it has a road ending at the fascia at an angle and I was wondering if it is possbly to modify the road spline so nothing sticks into the aisle. Is there any similar method for buildings as well?

If there is a method of doing it I haven't found it yet. Usually I end up having to modify the plan so nothing comes up against the fascia at an angle. I would think that a custom mesh would have to be made for both buildings and roads in order for them to finish neatly against the fascia at an angle.

I totally agree and always ensure roads, for example, end at right angles to the facia edge. At the back, I can accept a slight angle and hide the problem in my backscenes, which have some thickness due to the wooden framework (simulated) on which they are mounted. A lot can be done there by posing relative large vehicles on the road as an eye-blocker - for example, a double deck bus in the UK - or two going in opposite directions. Or nearing the back, curve the road behind a large building.

Ray.

Back