Procedural track tie glitches

Procedural track is an amazing feature. But sometimes the track gets all glitchy, especially with the ties. Sometimes the ties won’t appear at all, other times they stretch out very wide. It really looks bad once up close, is there a way to fix these issues? I try adding spline points then deleting them, which works but sometimes when I save and leave the route, then I go back in to the route, the ties go glitchy again. And this is for all the TRS2019 tracks, none of the TANE tracks have these issues. So is there anyway to fix these issues?

I get this all the time when building turnouts or switches. I've found no consistent answer to fixing it. I'll add/delete spline points, move or rearrange spline points or sometimes adjust vertex height to to try to deal with it. Usually it'll resolve, though sometimes I'll have to rebuild the switch entirely to do so.

Good Luck,
smyers

I have this too, it appears to me, the distance of Splines between Points, and in concert with that, it has more problems with the Curving angles, so between those too items.

Have found you need to allow for more distance and sometimes gentler curves. Other times, I find out, the distance and curve will simply not adjust to what I want, and have to place a switch in a different location entirely at times.......I sometimes think it has to do with a Rendering issue and my Graphics Card, kinda like the math doesn't agree with the intended Graphic correlations....:(

The other annoying thing, among many, is we'll fix these issues, navigate away, and come back to the area to find everything is reset. The same with track angles and spline point distances. The switches will be blinking red because there's a fault. The spline points will be moved around to fix things, the circles will turn yellow, and everything appears fine. Go to another baseboard and come back, and the switches are broken again.

That explains why the Monorail fixed Junctions fail after a few Map re-loads.
I was wondering why the Splines loose their positions, even on several other Roads and Connectors, I find them broken at different times.
I hope that this will be resolved in the next Service pack update.
Cheers.
jjeff1955.

Last edited:
I addressed the "vanishing procedural ties issue" that is associated with tight junctions and complex track work by cloning the procedural track I use (and several of its components especially the mesh library) and concocting two additional versions. One features only the rails and ballast, and the other features the ties and plates. I then use the rails and ballast version to build the junctions and track work, and add the ties and plates as non functional "scenery" on another layer.

Back