Vertical slope

pn6

Trainz Builder
I'm trying to build a concrete channel which will probably have concrete walls edging it. The channel is sunken so I need the ground to fill in behind the walls. I've tried the copy/paste method using just the height but the edges are still sloped a bit. Is there any way to get a 90 degree vertical edge??

Paul

Unfortunately the way the mesh is, this isn't going to work well. The only way to get around this is to use a specific mesh shaped like the concrete channel you are attempting to build.

I have seen them before, but I can't remember the name. There maybe some on the DLS or elsewhere. When I'm back on my Trainzing PC, I'll check and see what I can come up with.

As John said, the grid system makes it impossible to have truly vertical ground. The best you can do there is change from 10 m grid to 5 m grid. To fill the gap, there are many retaining wall splines with horizontal ground sections included for that purpose.

There are also some flat ground splines without walls attached. They can be placed over the gap behind your concrete walls. I made a few myself recently. I called them “terrain spline ...” and you can find them on the DLS. They are certainly not the only ones out there. Some have been made to cover dig holes, but can also be used for this purpose.

Last edited:
Those are great ideas and I'll look for them. Thanks for the help. I was afraid I couldn't go 90 degree vertical but I had to ask. Thanks again.

Paul

Actually there is a way to get almost a 90 vertical wall, and that is to: On the side somewhere level and area at a height which will be the bottom of the canal. Then copy paste with just the paste height button turned on. Unfortunately this only works well for areas aligned to the grid, but is useful for building ports.

Here is a spline with sloped walls that I use: Talud canal by mcortes. It only has one side of the ditch, which is good since by using two of them, you can have any ditch width you want.

Just use retaining walls, most have a ground plane attached. Embankment splines can also give an effective look. If the wall face is not right texture put a concrete wall in front.

Too bad Trainz doesn't have a better Naming structure for content. My latest searches found the words "trench" and Embankment giving me more choices. It's a work in progress but that's where some of the fun is!!

Too bad Trainz doesn't have a better Naming structure for content. My latest searches found the words "trench" and Embankment giving me more choices. It's a work in progress but that's where some of the fun is!!

Try "scarp" as in Escarpment too. It will give you "one sided embankments". A search for "Rock" also provides nice rock cliffs.
The best 3 creators of the things you are looking for, at least as I have found, are found by searching
SAM VS
FMA
CL
It's also worth checking out their Textures so SAM VS Grass matches the grass texture on his embankments and so on.

I ended up with "Dam Wall" which I sunk into the ground along the sides then paved the center floor with the "Dam Concrete" texture which matches..

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/45896/screenshots/183180/1000/Channel-!.jpg
Channel-%21.jpg

pn6 - Yup - that looks really good. Can see a use for that solution almost immediately on a route I'm currently updating.
<kuid2:60238:38207:3> Dam Wall (Built-in!) and <kuid2:60238:38521:1> Dam Wall Large
I also need to check out oknosten's content as they look rather cool.
Edit update: Yup - the T2 trenches and specialized digholes are truly excellent for routing tracks to avoid diamonds and disruptive road crossings. Look good too.
Fantastic. Thank you!

Last edited:
Back