Messed up again......

Ghost42

I should know better by now but....
My build 1234... has clogged up my C drive so I copy to drive b and point the program to it.
It asks for my password etc, spends a looong time downloading routes, I do an EDBR and the only thing in "My Content" is a signal by an unknown author.
I check the build file being pointed to and can see my content in it so I've copied them to the edit folder, EDBR again - nothing.
Please restore my sanity,
frustrated Ghost42.
ps all is not lost as i have cdps but not all of my work.
TRS19

Update: It keeps making a new build, doesn't seem to 'see' the build it is pointed to.

Last edited:
I am very confused by this post.

"build 1234..." - what does that mean? Do you actually have a build number?
"clogged up my C drive so I copy to drive b" - drive b? Are we back in the days of FDDs? And exactly what did you copy to this mysterious drive "b" - the program or the user data?

Did you follow the recommended procedure for moving the contents your User Data Folder? Did you perform a full move or a clean install? None of this is at all clear from your description.

More information needed please.

I am very confused by this post.

"build 1234..." - what does that mean? Do you actually have a build number?
"clogged up my C drive so I copy to drive b" - drive b? Are we back in the days of FDDs? And exactly what did you copy to this mysterious drive "b" - the program or the user data?

Did you follow the recommended procedure for moving the contents your User Data Folder? Did you perform a full move or a clean install? None of this is at all clear from your description.

More information needed please.

Ok the build number is k4byh7e71 which I copied to E:/TRS19 then renamed the original, deleted the content of userdata_redirect_map.txt and pointed it to "E:/TRS19/build k4byh7e71"
No doubt I have erred somewhere.
Thanks for replying.

The userdata_redirect_map.txt has to stay in C: where it was. It should look like this "Drive where the game is installed:/program files/n3v games/trainz railroad simulator 2019" "E:/TRS19/build k4byh7e71"

The userdata_redirect_map.txt has to stay in C: where it was. It should look like this "Drive where the game is installed:/program files/n3v games/trainz railroad simulator 2019" "E:/TRS19/build k4byh7e71"

Thanks, the bit I left out!

Ok the build number is k4byh7e71

That build number is actually randomly generated and will be different for every user who has the exact same Trainz version (why I do not know). It is the name of the user data folder. The build number that most refer to is found on the bottom left of the launcher window and is something more like 105100.

The instructions for correctly moving the content (the user data folder) can be found in the Trainz Settings from the launcher window then select the Install tab.

That build number is actually randomly generated and will be different for every user who has the exact same Trainz version (why I do not know). It is the name of the user data folder. The build number that most refer to is found on the bottom left of the launcher window and is something more like 105100.

The instructions for correctly moving the content (the user data folder) can be found in the Trainz Settings from the launcher window then select the Install tab.

That chewed up the whole day, you have to cut me some slack, I was born in the era of Collossus (Bletchley Park) WW11, now I have been parked in the digital age. :)
Thanks for the help.

Back