Red Signals Shown As "unsignaled"?

boleyd

BNSF signals -- Platinum Program 105100
I consistently get Red signals when there is no visual reason - one train in the system. Checking the status of the red signal shows it as seeing an "unsignaled" are ahead. So, I placed signal within sight of the red signals and they still show red-unsignaled??:(

Which signals?

JR signals are affected by the direction of the locomotive, meaning the loco has to face forward in order for the signals to activate. There is a case, however, where the simulator will eventually fail over time due to the messaging threads getting bogged down and things getting stuck. If that's the case, then it's a whole other ball of wax to deal with. This is an issue I reported, and and N3V acknowledged it's a real issue to be dealt with someday soon (tm).

Last edited:
Oh well, I eliminate all the signals that do not have a direct bearing on traffic flow. Then, pretend that there is traffic and that is why the red pops up. Self-deception/imagination is one of those human traits that comes in handy today.

Oh well, I eliminate all the signals that do not have a direct bearing on traffic flow. Then, pretend that there is traffic and that is why the red pops up. Self-deception/imagination is one of those human traits that comes in handy today.

That works to a point and I suppose that we should do that more often, and perhaps that's the bigger problem we have today with this stuff. We want absolute realism out of something that isn't real in the first place. Like little kids playing in a sandbox, we should pretend and make train sounds as we push our virtual trains around with our fingers. When the trains get stuck on a junction facing the wrong way, we reach in and pick them up and align them with the switch points so they can continue on their way.

See this here for yet another bug I reported with the answer I got, and my response...

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...nctions-even-if-they-re-stopped-on-the-points

Yes. The AI can flip their junctions they sit on even though the junctions are locked!

Of course as you can tell, I'm being a bit sarcastic and snarky, but I agree things should work like they should.

One of the issues I've come across with this is if there are too many track objects such as sign posts, signals, track marks, and direction markers, this bogs down the simulation. When I get some time, I'm going to do a bit of renovating on a very large route that falls down after about an hour of driving and see how that plays out. There are way too many track marks located all over the route, and my feeling is it's time to remove some and see what happens.

It is like some bugs I have chased in the dark past. Develop all the failure scenarios but the cause remains elusive. Then you just sit down with the listing and take a scenario through step by step. In the meantime I will just live with the pretense that it is a very busy railroad. Which really could be the bug - in the bowels of the code is a routine that artificially creates "fake traffic" (to borrow a description) that adds interest to the program.

Back