Backdate Trainz Plus to TRS19 SP1?

soap__

Hi there, me again.
Due to the missing content fiasco surrounding the session I released, I plan to create future sessions in TRS19 SP1 rather than Trainz Plus. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch to TRS19 SP1 while keeping my content. My current build is 106618, and I would like to switch to either 105096 or 105100. I have a Gold Pass. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this, or will I have to rebuild my content collection from scratch?

Thanks,

soap__

Gold sub is not the cause of missing assets, it's because you chose to use DLC assets. The same can happen with SP1. There is no easy way to go back to SP1 anyway. Just use a picklist of DLS assets and go from there.
cheers
Graeme

I am guessing that the "fiasco" was including payware/DLC assets in an upload to the DLS. If not please ignore my ramblings below.

TRS19 CM list dependencies will show any assets of a route, session or any compound assets that are payware (i.e. DLC) and third party. I always use this when developing a route or session and just before I upload anything to the DLS to detect and weed out any non-DLS or non-Builtin assets.

You can create a pristine, "just installed", copy of the Trainz database that will co-exist with any DLC and 3rd party "riddled" copy of the database. You can easily switch between them whenever you need to.

Instructions for creating a "clean" database can be found at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/..._Repairs#How_to_Create_a_.22Clean_Database.22

This will still leave your original DLC database intact and you can switch between the two by swapping between the two local data folders in the Trainz Settings - Install Tab. This will require a few restarts of Trainz and resetting of any performance values.

This was actually, surprisingly, not the fiasco.

The fiasco was that, in Trainz Plus, N3V updated some session rules and driver commands, probably to work with UDS.

however this makes sessions created in Trainz plus unusable in regular trs19

These are NOT payware assets, my install shows them as built-in. However in SP1 they are completely unavailable

This was actually, surprisingly, not the fiasco.

The fiasco was that, in Trainz Plus, N3V updated some session rules and driver commands, probably to work with UDS.

however this makes sessions created in Trainz plus unusable in regular trs19

These are NOT payware assets, my install shows them as built-in. However in SP1 they are completely unavailable

So tell us what the commands are?

N3V themselves do not update session rules and driver commands. In fact they rarely make content at all. It's up to the third-party developer to do that.

Even if the user of TRS2019 SP1 were to install the route, they would still receive the latest version of those driver-commands and session rules because that's how the KUID system works.

If they're unavailable, then there's something else wrong here.

<kuid: -25: 1321> <kuid: -25: 1327> <kuid2: 401543: 3203: 1>

all show as built in in my version of 106618.

Author: auran

However, FOUR users running 105096 have reported these assets as missing.

I can think of no other explanation; they aren't payware.

All 3 are unknown in TANE SP4 and TRS19 Platinum.

Strangely (or not) <kuid2:401543:3203:1> Interlocking Tower Path Selection UI is "Installed, Payware" build 4.3 by Auran in TRS19 SP1. It is listed as a dependency of 26 different sessions (not all payware).

That is his point, Pware. I was wondering if <kuid: -25: 1321> and <kuid: -25: 1327> must be built ins from some earlier version, but they are in the newer version, not the older. <kuid: -25: 1327> is "Drive To", and there is a different Drive To in Platinum, <kuid:-3:11058> Drive To, which is "base". Since it is base in Platinum and <kuid: -25: 1327> is built-in for 106618, that would indicate to me that something got updated.....

Edit: The other question I would have, is if they DID create a different version for Plus, or any other version, was there any reason NOT to leave the other version as well? Mutually exclusive versioning never turns out well. Both versions could very well live together, in my opinion, just for backward compatibility.

Last edited:
I seem to recall that there were some rules that had to be updated for the new UDS interface in Trainz Plus and Platinum.

Then they should be on the DLS.

I believe that the old (non Plus/Platinum) versions, if they were not built in, are still on the DLS but have different kuids (possibly to avoid some update issues). For the life of me I cannot recall the names of the rule(s) involved.

-25:1327 is shown else where on the forums as drive schedule not drive to. Some DLC assets in the past became built in and not shown as payware so if the package was deleted the asset still remained.

Edit I have two installs of Premium one without DLC the other updated with. Have just checked -25:1327 only appears on the DLC download install and it obsoletes -3:10186. If it is in the updated version ONLY it wont be on the DLS as those updates are not public release yet.

Last edited:
Back