Editing time of day and weather?

STLSF4003

Having made the jump from Trainz 2012 to 2019, I'ed say I've got just about everything down pat........Save for one thing.

How the Sam Hill do i edit the time of day and weather in 19?!

Environment tools will let you set the weather but it will be constant weather e.g. always sunny or always raining, there will be no random variability. You cannot set the starting time in the environment tools.

There are several driver commands that can change the weather. One is something like EW-time and weather.

The driver command is <kuid2:185479:60001:4> EW-Time and weather change. It allows to change the weather, its changeability and the time (-1h, +1h, midnight, morning, noon, afternoon).

Peter

There is a shortcoming on all this. When you change the weather, i changes everywhere. If you have a 200 Km long route, going from beaches to mountains, snow will fall at the beaches as well as the high mountains. However, long ago on 04 times somebody made a rule controlled by triggers that would change the weather by sections. That was obsoleted for the sake of progress, never to be seen again.

The driver command is <kuid2:185479:60001:4> EW-Time and weather change

Thank you, I will add that to my list.

ADDENDUM:

I was unable to get it to work in TANE SP4 or TRS19 Platinum. In Platinum it would appear greyed out in the drop down list of commands to be inserted into a driver schedule but could not be added. In TANE SP4 it would not even appear in that same drop down list. In both cases the command was successfully downloaded, installed and added to the Driver Command Rule.

So I won't be adding it to my list after all.

Last edited:
However, long ago on 04 times somebody made a rule controlled by triggers that would change the weather by sections. That was obsoleted for the sake of progress, never to be seen again.

The Weather Rule can be activated and changed by triggers, as far as I know (I only set a weather rule once and let it run).

Back