Shadows ??

K4andT1lover

Hey, all.
I am confused. About casting ground shadows. (I am on TANE SP4)
Locos and rolling stock cast shadows. Trees cast shadows. SOME buildings cast shadows. Others do not. My flagpole casts a shadow. My platform lamps do not.
Searching online has yielded little information. I have studied "config" files until I am crosseyed. I do NOT see a pattern anywhere that determines what causes a shadow, and what doesn't.
Is it the original model / mesh? Do any of you longtime modelers know? Any hints or direction is appreciated!
Thanks,
Ron

Which assets do cast shadows depends on the setting of the shadow quality (Launch screen -> Trainz Settings -> Performance -> Shadow Quality). Higher shadow quality => more asset categories cast shadows.

Peter

Thanks. I'll give that a try. (Don't know why I didn't think of that.) It still doesn't quite explain why some objects (like houses) would cast shadows, but not others within the same category.

Which assets do cast shadows depends on the setting of the shadow quality (Launch screen -> Trainz Settings -> Performance -> Shadow Quality). Higher shadow quality => more asset categories cast shadows.

Peter

Back