Several DLS consist uploads failed due to unknown errors

janathan

I haven't uploaded any consists ever, but recently, I've gotten requests to release some of the consists I've made, so I started doing that. But every single consist I've tried to upload so far keeps failing for an unknown reason. Here are quotes to the emails I received:

"
Dear janathan,

The addition of your content file kuid_140046_101281.cdp has failed due to the following reason:

An Error Occured with <kuid:140046:101281> NS IRR ES44AC, NS AC44C6M, NS SD70ACe WELL TRAIN consist
<kuid:140046:101281> : ConsistSpec::CalculateLength> Failed to load member vehicle <kuid2:45324:100254:2>
<kuid:140046:101281> : ConsistSpec::precache> Precache has failed
<kuid:140046:101281> : ConsistSpec::CalculateLength> Failed to load member vehicle <kuid2:45324:100254:2>
<kuid:140046:101281> : ConsistSpec::precache> Precache has failed
"
:confused:
I've gotten similar emails for EVERY SINGLE consist I've tried to upload except one:
A consist of roadrailers led by two Conrail SD70's.

In this case, the offender is <kuid2:45324:100254:2> (An NS Heritage ES44AC (IRR) from Jointed Rail: https://jointedrail.com/product/ns-heritage-pack-4/)
However, there is no pattern to which vehicle causes it. They literally just chose a random vehicle from the list and say, "failed to load this vehicle," but if the EXACT SAME vehicle is in another consist, it'll fail for yet another random vehicle.:n:

This video has a complete list of all the consists I was trying to upload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxpD50hG2uA

Speaking of consists, I have yet another problem with this game. When laying down cars to make a consist, the game randomly crashes before I finish laying all the cars.:n::n::n: The only solution seems to be save the game after EVERY SINGLE CAR I place on the track.

Are all vehicles in the consist on the DLS? If not, it will either reject it because of that or send it straight to the Content Repair list (and will not be visible in Content Manager).

No, but the error seems to happen whether the vehicles are on the DLS or not. It also occurred for an autorack that's on the DLS.

You answered your own question. You are uploading a consist that includes assets that are not on the DLS so the validation system cannot validate your consist asset.

You should submit a bug report for the last issue.

Oh. I guess I can't upload these consists AFTER all. (I use a lot of non-DLS stuff.) I thought it'd be fine if I included where I got the content, but apparently not...

I think I'm correct in saying that you could use a 3rd party website or offer consist downloads from a cloud account. As you say, the end user would need to find and download the actual assets used in the consists so you should likely supply that info or people would just get upset. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

You would probably need consent from the original creator.
For uploading the consist asset you don't need consent. For uploading any dependencies (so in this case every rail vehicle), you will need consent from the creator of those dependencies.

Uploading consists of which not all dependencies are on the DLS will only cause frustrations.
I suggest you just email those consist assets (so not the dependencies) to those who asked for it (adding a disclaimer that not all dependencies are on the DLS) and close this chapter.

I had similar problems, or the same error messages. Do you upload them individually or as a pack? There is probably a problem with the DLS if the trains are too long (it seems to me that it could be longer freight trains because of the ES44AC) and therefore these error messages come. I could only upload all consist by uploading each consist individually.

For uploading the consist asset you don't need consent. For uploading any dependencies (so in this case every rail vehicle), you will need consent from the creator of those dependencies.

That does not actually make any sense to me. In the sessions I create and upload to the DLS I include rolling stock assets from the DLS. These assets are referenced by their kuids in the session, they are not physically included in the session asset itself. As these assets are already on the DLS, under the DLS terms and conditions, then no permission from the asset creators is required. As far as I know, when a consist is created and saved, the consist asset just references the kuids of the rolling stock assets that are on your system.

To say otherwise would have implications for all DLS scenery assets included in a route that is uploaded to the DLS.

My thoughts.

That does not actually make any sense to me.

The rule about permissions for consists is the same as any other asset. Where dependencies are referenced by the asset - traincars in consists, bogeys in locos, products in wagons and so on - no permission is required from the creator of those dependencies if the asset is uploaded. If the referenced assets are not already on the DLS, then permission from the creators of those dependencies is required before those dependencies could be uploaded to the DLS. Therefore, the only way to upload a consist that has dependencies that are not on the DLS is to contact the original creators of the traincars and obtain permission (if it isn't already included in the asset description).

Rolling stock items 'included' in your sessions are referenced from the session, so no permission from the creators of that rolling stock is required for uploading the session, because the rolling stock is not being uploaded.

The rule about permissions for consists is the same as any other asset. Where dependencies are referenced by the asset - traincars in consists, bogeys in locos, products in wagons and so on - no permission is required from the creator of those dependencies if the asset is uploaded. If the referenced assets are not already on the DLS, then permission from the creators of those dependencies is required before those dependencies could be uploaded to the DLS. Therefore, the only way to upload a consist that has dependencies that are not on the DLS is to contact the original creators of the traincars and obtain permission (if it isn't already included in the asset description).

OK. It seems I misread Oknotsen's post. He was referring to the uploading of non-DLS rolling stock assets to the DLS by the creator of a consist asset (who was not also the creator of the rolling stock) so that they could be included in the consist. Its a bit like Russian Dolls. But as long as assets from another creator are only referenced in your uploaded asset then no permission is needed, which is what I thought.

I think the original error, in post #1, is a bit vague, and could be worded better.

I recently got this upload warning which is much clearer:

"Your uploaded content is currently waiting approval. During the automated processing of your file the dependencies were checked and the below report was produced.

This report lists your content that has dependencies which are not currently on the Download Station:

Content: (uploaded asset name and kuid)

Dependencies:
(author's name and kuid)"

In this instance the referenced asset is a base asset for TANE and TRS19 and wasn't an error.

The CRG has 100's, if not 1000's, of faulty assets due to missing dependencies and, in most cases, these assets cannot be easily fixed so they get tossed into the "too hard" bin.

I recently got this upload warning which is much clearer:

That report sounds like the message for an asset with an unsupported build number. OP's issue was different.

The CRG has 100's, if not 1000's, of faulty assets due to missing dependencies and, in most cases, these assets cannot be easily fixed so they get tossed into the "too hard" bin.

Assets that have missing dependencies can usually be fixed, but the problem is knowing what the original creator intended. For instance, if a bogey is missing it can usually be replaced with a built-in bogey, but there is no way to know whether that is what the original creator wanted the asset to look like. Changing the appearance of the asset in this manner is not an allowable 'repair'.

Back