Changing Switch Indicator in Surveyor

Markd39

Hi, I am using TANE with build 105957. Is there any way to change the switch indicator direction, when you are working in surveyor ? :confused:

Thanks in advance, for any help !

Last edited:
Hi, I am using TANE with build 105957. Is there any way to change the switch indicator direction, when you are working in surveyor ? :confused:

Thanks in advance, for any help ! Cheers,

Do you mean you want to throw the switch the other way? Click the trident button on the track objects tab, then click on the switch lever.

:B~)

Last edited:
Thank you, RHK ! :Y: At first, I thought you wanted me to launch a nuclear weapon ie: “trident button” but after several minutes, I figured out what you meant ! LOL.

Hi, all. I don't mean to hijack this thread, but on a similar subject - why do some junctions seem to always stay red, and never go to red/green in Surveyor? In using procedural track, I can even watch the points switching direction, but for some reason, after a save a restart the junction is red again! I have tried raising and lower the junction, moving it slightly, all sorts of things. It's very confusing. Thanks.
Ron

Hi, all. I don't mean to hijack this thread, but on a similar subject - why do some junctions seem to always stay red, and never go to red/green in Surveyor? In using procedural track, I can even watch the points switching direction, but for some reason, after a save a restart the junction is red again! I have tried raising and lower the junction, moving it slightly, all sorts of things. It's very confusing. Thanks.
Ron

It is annoying when that happens. We spend an hour fixing them and then they're red again when we return. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended feature. I have noticed too that they'll be fixed, but if I move to another baseboard and return, the junctions are faulty again.

The problem seems to be related to that "magic" position where the junction works fine and the track gods have lined up all the parts perfectly. Sometimes it takes a mere millimeter move to get the junction to work, while in other cases a complete rip out and rebuild is the only solution. I have found that I sometimes need to place other track splines on the frog end of the switch to get the tracks to be smooth and not produce errors, and ensure that all the spline points are at the same height. I know this isn't always prototypical because there are some switches, especially in your area, that are not on level ground.

I will say that things are a bit more fiddly in TRS2019 SP1 than they were in previous versions.

Back