Need urgent help with the latest version of Trainz Plus 106618

Hi all, I´ve been experiencing massive issues with my update to this version of Trainz. Nearly every route I load in completely freezes, nothing loads in, and when it does, it´s at a very very slow pace. Creating a new route or previewing assets seem to work just fine. I need to have a fix for this, because I can´t play Trainz anymore this way. Tried multiple database repair, both normal and extended database repairs at that. Tried switching back to low shaders and everything, but nothing seems to work. I´m desperate.

There are many things that can cause this and not all are Trainz related. Here are some not related to Trainz specifically.

1) Your disk is failing.

A dying hard disk, and SSD too, will exhibit this symptom. Loading small things is okay, but lots of data and the speed and overall performance dies off.

I recommend using HD Sentinel www.hdsentinel.com For what you need, the free version will work fine.

2) Your disk is full.

Windows and Trainz, and other programs too, need space to operate. If the drive is really full, neither can use the extra space for temporary files which is needed when RAM is used up.

3) If it's a regular platter-type hard disk, when was the last time you defragmented your drive?

TRS2019 really benefits from this especially after installing a lot of content, upgrading, and database repairs. I recommend doing a defrag at least a couple of times a week even if Windows says the drive doesn't need it. Trainz, all versions, opens up a lot of files and does a lot of disk reading and writing, and this really helps too if you run a database repair because it speeds up the disk access.

For TRS2019-related stuff,

1) Check the logs.

Developer ---> Show logs.

If this is doing a lot of activity and you haven't started yet, wait for it to complete. TRS2019 pre-caches the content before loading it. This process can take a long time if you have a lot of content. To speed up the process, you can force a pre-cache by using Trainzutil.

2) At the Launcher, click on Developer and then Trainzutil
In the space type in -prebuild

Let it run. Again if you have a lot of content this can take time.

Again if your drive is highly fragmented, this process can take much longer than it should.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Currently running the Trainzutil. My game is on a new SSD, with next to nothing on it except for the Trainz local data folder. The weird thing I find that I had no problem with these kinds of issues in the older build (105000 or something) but all the issues are present in this build only. Let's hope the Trainzutil will give me any good results.

LY1cDkZ
LY1cDkZ
Is it normal that so many logs of the same message show up?

https://ibb.co/LY1cDkZ

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Currently running the Trainzutil. My game is on a new SSD, with next to nothing on it except for the Trainz local data folder. The weird thing I find that I had no problem with these kinds of issues in the older build (105000 or something) but all the issues are present in this build only. Let's hope the Trainzutil will give me any good results.

It will definitely help. I also run the same version with little or no problem like this with any route I've been working on in Surveyor or driving sessions in.

With your SSD, schedule a TRIM operation to run at least weekly.

It seems to be one a few specific routes only, and I have no idea why. I did all the options you suggested, but nothing seems to work. I guess it´s best to downgrade to the older version of Trainz Plus, because I can´t keep up with this anymore lol

It seems to be one a few specific routes only, and I have no idea why. I did all the options you suggested, but nothing seems to work. I guess it´s best to downgrade to the older version of Trainz Plus, because I can´t keep up with this anymore lol

It's sounds like precaching to me if it only affects certain routes. If you haven't noticed it already, you probably will see caching-scripts, and other faint messages at the top of the screen.

Don't downgrade. Just precache your content, or load up each route separately and let the program load the content. Also keep in mind that every time you do an EDBR (Extended DBR), this data is cleared. In fact did you try one of these? You need to press CTRL while selecting Rebuild database. That might help clear things up and then precache the content again because everything will be cleared.

Before I forget to ask again, did you clear up any unknown, faulty, missing, or obsolete assets? This too can affect things as well if you haven't.

Last edited:
Just downgraded and all the issues are resolved and Trainz runs like normal again. I will try to install the latest build as well on my system, with the route in it as well, and once that's a success, try it one more time with all your suggestions. Thanks for helping me so far man.

The issue is still here when I installed the latest build outside of my main local data folder install of Trainz. Now, the route has the same issues as described. No out of date assets or anything, help please?

The issue is still here when I installed the latest build outside of my main local data folder install of Trainz. Now, the route has the same issues as described. No out of date assets or anything, help please?

There is something about that route that's causing the problem. Try creating another route and testing that. If the install works, then this confirms that.

You can try this:

Create a single baseboard.
Save it.

Merge your currently flaky route into the single baseboard one.

Save the newly merged route a new version of your old one.

This has worked in the past for me so I think it's worth a try.

Back