Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working with Wine on Linux Mint 19 and Trainz

I have decided to uninstall TRS2009 from my Lenovo/Mint 19 computer. Not being able to use content manager and add any items to it was the killer. My Lenovo runs so well with Linux Mint that I decided to not try to rebuild the operating system back to Windows 10. I am running TRS2019 on my iMac, which has its own set of glitches, but for the most part it is useable.

End of experiment (for now)

Should I ever get anywhere with a previous copy of Content Manager running satisfactory under Linux I will post it on the Parts and Labour Forum but in the mean time carry on enjoying Trainz, warts and all. Peter

Cool TRS19 on Fedora 31

been playing with TRS19 and linux (again) recently on my main Fedora 31:
    Wine staging 5.10: TRS19 works mostly, Content window seems borked but I could go online with Kickstarter Country 2! (not tried TANE there yet)
    Steam: Proton 5.0-9: only launcher window works
    Steam: Proton 5.9-GE3-ST: only launcher window

installed winetricks verbs: corefonts cabinet d3dx11_42 d3dx11_43 vcrun2010 vcrun2012 vcrun2013 vcrun2015 xact (was more or less a general install, not TRS19 specific; not sure about mono)

I keep testing with every new release now! So far I'm happy!
    Lockheed

The graphics drivers right from the repositories work great in Linux now. The kernel does not have the nVidia drivers in it, but it will detect the card and install the correct updated driver if needed. My RTX 2070 worked perfectly upon completion of the install of 20.04.

Quote Originally Posted by lockheed02 View Post
    been playing with TRS19 and linux (again) recently on my main Fedora 31:
    Wine staging 5.10: TRS19 works mostly, Content window seems borked but I could go online with Kickstarter Country 2! (not tried TANE there yet)
    Steam: Proton 5.0-9: only launcher window works
    Steam: Proton 5.9-GE3-ST: only launcher window

installed winetricks verbs: corefonts cabinet d3dx11_42 d3dx11_43 vcrun2010 vcrun2012 vcrun2013 vcrun2015 xact (was more or less a general install, not TRS19 specific; not sure about mono)

I keep testing with every new release now! So far I'm happy!
    Lockheed
    I just updated to wine 5.12 (staging). Mono gets pulled to install when running TRS19.exe.
    Aside that itt seems less performant than 5.10 but rumors say there were issues in 5.11 so some regression might have been slipped to this version.