Cache Size: 512 KB
    Microcode: 0x8701021
    Scaling Driver: acpi-cpufreq ondemand

GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600 XT / 5700/5700 8GB
    Frequency: 1800/875MHz
    OpenGL: 4.5 Mesa 19.2.8 (LLVM 9.0.1)
    Vulkan: 1.1.107
    OpenCL: OpenCL 1.1 Mesa 19.2.8
    + OpenCL 1.2 pocl 1.5-pre RelWithDebInfo LLVM 9.0.0 RELOC SLEEF DISTRO POCL_DEBUG
    Display Driver: amdgpu 19.1.0
    Monitor: EV2336W + MD20246
    Screen: 3520x1080

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
    BIOS Version: 2802
    Chipset: AMD Starship/Matisse
    Audio: AMD Navi 10 HDMI Audio
    Network: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411

MEMORY: 32768MB

DISK: 1024GB Samsung SSD 970 PRO 1TB
    + 2 x 500GB Samsung SSD 860
    + 1000GB Western Digital WD1002FAEX-0
    + 3001GB Hitachi HDS72303
    + 8GB USB Flash Drive
    File-System: ext4
    Mount Options: relatime rw seclabel
    Disk Scheduler: NONE

OPERATING SYSTEM: Fedora 31
    Kernel: 5.8.18-100.fc31.x86_64 (x86_64)
    Desktop: GNOME Shell 3.34.5
    Display Server: X Server 1.20.6 + Wayland
    Compiler: GCC 9.3.1 20200408
    Security: SELinux
    + itlb_multihit: Not affected
    + l1tf: Not affected
    + mds: Not affected
    + meltdown: Not affected
    + spec_store_bypass: Mitigation of SSB disabled via prctl and seccomp
    + spectre_v1: Mitigation of usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization
    + spectre_v2: Mitigation of Full AMD retpoline IBPB: conditional STIBP: conditional RSB filling
    + srbds: Not affected
    + tsx_async_abort: Not affected
    The GE-Proton you also can run outside steam using lutris to manage stuff. check the install manual from their home page.

Also I just noticed the GE-Proton has a new release: Proton-5.21-GE-1 from yesterday with these little game fixes

Game Fixes:

• Wine esync+fsync rebased onto current wine 5.21 upstream git.
    • The Outer Worlds should be fully playable
    • Serious Sam 4 flicker has been fixed, Launching Vulkan on Nvidia also fixed. Vulkan should now work on NV and AMD.
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator now working
    • Ghostrunner should be fully playable
    • CoD: WWII + Multiplayer + Zombies should be fully playable
    • CoD: Infinite Warfare + Zombies should be fully playable
    • CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered should be fully playable
    • Soul Calibur VI no longer freezes at the main menu, should be fully playable
    • Borderlands 3 should be fully playable (including Markus intro)
    • Seven: Days Long Gone Enhanced Edition should be fully playable
    • Killer Instinct should be fully playable
    • Long Loading on Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr fixed
    • Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding OOM crashes should now be fixed
    • Baldur's Gate Vulkan renderer should work without issues now. (On AMD you will need the latest mesa drivers)
    • Skyrim Script Extender patch added - this should hopefully fix remaining issues with skse64 (untested but it does run)
    • Should contain most of the fixes from Proton-5.13 from Valve, if something is missing let me know in discord.
    oh - and the screen recording from the video I mentioned earlier doesn't have any audio recorded. I guess I was hearing voices from elsewhere :P
    I shall do a new video with proton 5-12-GE and more fps later today.
    in regards performance the GE was faster than Windows (again - not played with any settings) while all others were between unplayable slow and not working at all.
    Lockheed
    Last edited by lockheed02; November 18th, 2020 at 01:27 AM. Reason: early morning typo correction

Default Proton-6.0-GE-1 has been released

Glorious Eggroll 1 for Proton 6.0 is out.
    Install manual and package to add to your steam is available on their site at https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/p...s/tag/6.0-GE-1

couldn't see any big regressions. Content Manager still misses font so it's pretty unusable despite the rest seem to work (right-click context menu or menu items). Still trying to find out if it's only a thing on my end. Aside that the game is really playable with this
    Lockheed

I've been considering giving this a try since I would like to switch off Windows. Is Proton something specific to Steam? I don't own a Steam copy of TRS19 since they are quite limited in nature compared to the ones from N3V's website. I would prefer to not have to worry about creating a kernel level VM just to play Trainz.

Kind regards,
    GDennish

Proton is a spin-off of the wine project.Many contribute to there, many use it as base. So you could even make your own custom version if you want. However, Proton is mainly driven by Valve with the aim to make as many Windows game playable in linux as possible.
    They call it "steam play". Proton is developed separately so you can grab it as stand alone pack (e.g. for testing) and compile it yourself. You can ask N3V if they give you a free steam copy so you can give it a try. Worked for me
    There are some fully supported games where proton is equal to windows performance and many compatible games that are tested by community (check protondb.com as their database). For example "Thief" was one of my Windows-only games that now is fully playable in linux.

The Glorious Eggroll is one of the custom proton variants. You can install that additionally to proton in steam and select per game which "compatibility" too to use.
    And then there is Lutis, that -among others - also supports the GE variants (not tried that myself yet but that's on my to-do-list). Here the aim would be to use the regular stand-alone copy of TRS19. Or any other game.
    Lockheed