Seaton LSWR, Devon. More or less.

Your Metro conductor rail is the only conductor rail available outside of TANE and TS2019

That's a surprise - it dates back to TRS2004 so there's been plenty of opporunity for others.

Ray

Transfer Tables

After doing some testing with working trains in and out of Seaton's fiddle yard I decided it really wasn't that good. What I needed was a transfer table so i could make better use of the space available; - and there hangs a tale. There are a lot of transfer tables on the DLS, but most are old ones made for TS2004 and I had my doubts about them.

Look Mum I made a 16 wheeler coach! Well that was that one off the list.

c7ybzSo.jpg

And this one was no better. If anyone tells me that they never have any trouble with these particular transfer tables I shall be be obliged to hate them forever since I tried everything I could think of to get them to work,

2vSZwOY.jpg

But at last I found a good one that did exactly what it said on the tin and worked like it should. It has ten tracks which is a possibly bit too much of a good thing for Seaton, but it does give the capacity to have a good range of different types of rolling stock on hand as well as a handy track to store brake vans. There's capacity to store five engines as well provided they are smallish tank engines. It's a fairly quick moving transfer table too so it's not a waiting game using it while shunting.

VEaq26T.jpg

I don't know what was wrong with the other transfer tables. They just didn't seem to have been fitted with attached tracks that would function in TS2012 or else their scripts no longer work anymore. If there is some strange esoteric secret to getting them to work known only to a chosen few then I can't be bothered with them and I've deleted them.
Anyway I've got a working fiddle yard now that has the capacity to provide all manner of trains during an operating session and that's made me very happy. If N3V's upload server hadn't gone on the blink I would have gone ahead and uploaded Seaton and the layout wouldn't have been as good to operate as it is now.

Last edited:
After a bit of revision this is the final version of Seaton's fiddle yard. The transfer table is <kuid2:60238:60005:2> Transfer Table 2 by vulcan.

7Jvj8FX.jpg

Ray's nice blue tea mugs are so convincing I keep trying to pick them up when I'm working on the layout.

Mr5I2pS.jpg

Many thanks for this, Annie, it's just what I've been looking for to cut down the space required for the off-stage area.

I see the coffee is near at hand!

Ray

I've tried the transer table - it looks very useful A bit odd, in that the table moves first, followed by the track on it - but I can live with that as long as it does the job. Or is it my set-up?

Ray

I've tried the transer table - it looks very useful A bit odd, in that the table moves first, followed by the track on it - but I can live with that as long as it does the job. Or is it my set-up?

Ray

After testing all those transfer tables I needed coffee!

It's the same as some older turntables Ray, - the turntable track plays catch up as the turntable rotates. It's just the same with this transfer table and it doesn't affect it's performance it just looks odd.

Out of all the transfer tables I tried that was the only one that worked in TS2012. I've loaded the final version of Seaton into TMR2017 without any problems and the model railway shed now has a ceiling thanks to Graham's ceiling spines. I'll do some more testing in TMR and if all is well I'll upload both a TS2012 and a TMR2017 version to the DLS.

This version of Seaton has rolling stock in place in the route layer, but after some discussion about session layers and rolling stock placement on another thread I'm considering doing a version with no rolling stock so people can devise their own sessions. But first of all I'll get this one uploaded and see what reception it gets.

Last edited:
I don't include rolling stock - but the config file nevertheles list all that I have used when testing. Even saving with a new name makes no difference.

Ray

I think I'll try doing that then Ray and remove the rolling stock. I have my own version of Seaton where I experiment with new ideas and working out sessions & etc so that won't be affected at all.

Rolling stock only saves with the layer it is on. If the layer is in route section it will load with the route. If it is the session section it saves with the session. If you put assets on the session you can add that sessions kuid number to the maps kuid table so it will download with the route.

That's exactly the piece of information I needed stagecoach. I've been quietly trying to puzzle out how to do it, so your post is very timely. Thank you.

Seaton has been uploaded.

I always get very nervous when I upload a layout, but for better or for worse 'Seaton' has been uploaded and approved and should be available in 24 hours.

DWW MR Seaton, Devon LSWR 1889 (More or Less) Final <KUID:768291:12516>

DWW MR Seaton Session <KUID:768291:12546>

I'm going to hold off on uploading the TMR2017 version as I want to do some more checking to make sure there are no problems.

Last edited:
A nice little pair of layouts Annie but I'm missing <kuid:85701:61000> (unknown by bald) in the session. What is it please and is it essential?

A nice little pair of layouts Annie but I'm missing <kuid:85701:61000> (unknown by bald) in the session. What is it please and is it essential?

Alenka <kuid:85701:61000> drivercharacter build 1.3

I don't know how she sneaked into my TS2012 install, but it must've been a while ago since she's been driving trains on my layouts for a very long time.
I don't think she counts as being essential John. When I get a minute I'll edit the session, give her the sack and upload an update.

Thanks Ray. I did those a couple of days ago for 'Lynborough' and forgot to mention them. All Broad Gauge engines or scenes you might notice.

Back