Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Clockwork 'O' Gauge?

In cab view going into the tunnel the wall is only visible for a brief moment on breaking through the 'gloom' mesh Ray and coming out of the tunnel is no different to what you would see with any tunnel since the wall textures are single sided.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Default A 'clockwork' engine for Trainz

This is my 'clockwork' LNWR 'Precursor' tank engine. It will wind up its clockwork with a driver command and it has a clockwork sound file that took me ages to put together. It doesn't have smoke, steam or steam sound files, nor does it carry coal or water; - I'm not sure about the whistle though and I might remove it...... or I might not.......
    I don't know if I want to upload it because most Trainz folk will think it's silly.

https://youtu.be/m-g8vdoMaIY

Last edited by KotangaGirl; October 26th, 2020 at 12:33 AM. Reason: added a picture

Annie, go for the upload.
    It's not silly, it's unique!
    But please don't add a face to the front first
    Graham,
    Enthusiast but not expert.

Yes on the upload! Rugton and similar routes needs clockworks! Great work Ann!
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Thank you very much Graham and Forester. I'll go ahead then and get the prototype test engine properly sorted out with a thumbnail image and a properly written description and upload it. I'll upload the driver command for winding up the clockwork as well. The winding up sound file runs fairly slowly so it's best to have a wait command following it to give it a chance to complete.

I have some other engines in mind to convert to clockwork, but I'll get this one uploaded first and see how it goes from there.

And definitely no faces Graham.

Further details about the 'Clockwork' Precursor Tank Engine can be found in my Freeware thread.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...=1#post1840351

Best watched with the sound turned off or turned down very low. Otherwise it's a great video.

Another terrific 'O' gauge tinplate video. There are live steam Bassett Lowke engines at the end of the video so watch out for those.

Default 1925 Model Railway News Layout.

My version of Mr Evans's 1925 layout has now been uploaded to the DLS and has been approved.

Hi KotangaGirl,

Your uploaded content listed below has been approved and will be available for download within 24 hours.

DWW MR 0 Gauge 1925 MRN Clockwork Layout-Final <KUID:768291:12897>

Regards,
    The Trainz Team

More old tinplate trains fun. It's videos like this one that inspire me with building retro clockwork and 3 rail electric layouts.