Log generation

Hi, I am new here.
I bought the Steam version of TRS19 UK Edition.
I was downloading the required files for the first boot of the routes, meanwhile the game crashed to desktop when I clicked on settings-achievement.
I want to know how I can enable any kind of Logging so that I can read what caused the crash, if possible for future referene.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum and to Trainz. Unfortunately logging isn't saved to disk, but a feature request has been made for that by me sometime ago. You can, however, enable logging in real time. Once enabled, you can click on the scrolling screen and stop it and whatever was being logged, will remain from a previous session. You can highlight the text, copy, and paste to a text file, which I do for troubleshooting.

To enable logging, go to the Launcher, click on settings, and then the Dev tab. Check the box to Enable advanced debugging tools.

Click on General and unclick Full screen:

Leave all other options and close the window.

To start the log:

Click on Developer.
Click Clear Log
Click Show log.

The problem is a lot of times stuff that's causing the crash does not appear in the log, or the crash is the result of multiple actions and not necessarily the one that's logged. Take this from my experience with this.

But before we get ahead of ourselves here, what were you doing that caused the crash?
Did you download or update content?
What are your machine specs?

There is a known speed-related crash with anything over 60 k/h causing the program to CTD on some hardware. This is not the program its self, but related to a sound driver bug with Open/AL and is due to a fault in the Open/AL libraries. The workaround is to drive slower, or turn your sound off.

welcome to the forum
Thanks
what were you doing that caused the crash
That was the reason I made this thread, I was viewing what are the achievements available and simultaneously the DLC missing assets were being downloaded from internet. It crashed suddenly.
Did you download or update content?
Downloading the DLC after Steam purchase via in game downloader.
What are your machine specs?
i5 5th gen, 940MX GPU, 8BG RAM.

Use compatibility mode to see if the crashes go away. Somewhere in the Dev tab in the launcher, I think.

Back