Work in progress -- "The Krashnburne Railroad"

philskene

I could not resist making a video using trainboi1's wonderful Yosemite Valley Railroad #26, a 2-6-0 Mogul, switching boxcars on one of the new sections of "The Krashnburne". Chuck & Joe are working The Phactoriez, a run down, depressed, decaying and desolate industrial manufacturing area that was once part of Smoke Stack USA.

The layout is an updated and expanded version of a layout that had its origins in TS12 and was updated for T:ANE. This latest version is for TRS19 and has all PBR textures and TurfFX grasses. It's significantly better than the previous versions. There is still some work to do.

"Soon."

Phil

Last edited:
So would this layout happen to be inspired by Detroit, and other Rust Belt cities? You got me thinking with that description.

Phil,
I was wondering what you might be up to. This is wonderful news! An upgrade of the Krashnburne - thanks so much for undertaking this. The route is amazing, and has quite the tension factor when you try to squeeze yourself onto the main while avoiding traffic that comes at you from both ways.

Your upgrading really looks great already. The run-down section is very convincing. I'm glad you have Chuck and Joe testing the new route and getting the kinks out. They will do a great job.

Thanks Phil, this is really great news! :clap:

Gary

Back