Fine tune object height

Is there a way to fine-tune object heights? the vehicles I place on the roads don't sit right and when I use the height adjustment its either embedded in the ground or 4 feet above the road.

Is there a way to fine-tune object heights? the vehicles I place on the roads don't sit right and when I use the height adjustment its either embedded in the ground or 4 feet above the road.

When using the height button put your finger on the CTRL key at the same time and this will allow you to adjust the height in tenths of a meter....

Bob

Doesn't holding down the SHIFT key make the graduations half those of the CTRL? It does in in TANE?

Bill

Not currently near my Trainz computer but I seem to recall that holding down the shift key while adjusting the height moves an object up/down by large increments.

Holding Shift adjusts the height of an object in increments of +/-0.05 meters. Very helpful when placing cars on a road or in a parking lot. Holding Shift while rotating an object will cause it to roll from side to side. Holding control while rotating allows you to rotate an object by increments of 0.1 degrees.

Last edited:
Holding Shift adjusts the height of an object in increments of +/-0.05 meters.

Just tired it and I stand corrected.

Using the mouse to adjust an objects height without any keys = up/down in 1m increments
Using the mouse to adjust an objects height with CTRL key = up/down in 0.10m increments
Using the mouse to adjust an objects height with SHIFT key = up/down in 0.05m increments

Back