Spline heights resetting to 0.0 meters when editing route.

janathan

I was editing a route I built, but when I moved a portal, all the track spline points reset their heights back to 0.0 meters, even though they were all varying heights between 70 and 126 meters. This happens whenever I move a fixed-track object like a portal or if I edit the terrain near a spline point. If I raise the spline point back to its original height, the next two spline points reset to 0.0 meters.

If I try "control-z," EVERY SPLINE POINT WITHIN A 10-MILE RADIUS resets to 0.0 meters, including roads.

It took me days to lay these tracks and roads. I'm not about to spend more days relaying every single track and road EVERY time I need to move a fixed track object or change the terrain near a spline. Can somebody tell me how to fix this?

An extended DBR should help with that, also disable any faulty assets on the route. Check for updates to installed assets and install. As it appears nobody else has the same issue, there would be an asset in your install causing the problem.
cheers
Graeme

In my experience, an extended database repair never solves anything. It didn't fix assets taking to long to submit, nor did it fix the game randomly crashing to desktop. I'll try an extended database repair, but I'm sure this game is broken.

Could this be a problem with Fixed Tracks or the particular one you are using? I don't use fixed tracks and have not experienced this problem.

I would also try resetting all surveyor and driver settings to default. I had a cat that was famous for walking across the keyboard and hitting odd key combo's. A setting relating to height may have been inadvertently changed, so resetting may solve the problem. If all else fails, send the route to the helpdesk to check for bugs and a fix.
cheers
Graeme

The only fixed track item I'm using is a portal.

I use a payware seasonal track for this specific route.

I just tried an extended database repair and as expected, it did absolutely nothing.

I'll try resetting Surveyor and Driver options to default later and report back.
How do you send something to the helpdesk (incase that doesn't work)? I haven't done that before.

I'm not sure if the portal has anything to do with it since it's happening everywhere, not just where the portal is.

Anyway, I checked the options, but could find anything for "assume everything is 0.0 meters high at startup" or "reset all spline points to 0.0 meters at startup."

I sent a support ticket. Whenever I get a response, I'll try the suggestion and report the results, but it could be a while before they get back to me.

I sent a support ticket. Whenever I get a response, I'll try the suggestion and report the results, but it could be a while before they get back to me.

No someone, usually Zec Murphy, will be in touch within a day or so. They're pretty good about that.

Just remember to watch your emails for responses and ensure the email address isn't blocked. When they request a response, do so quickly and it'll expedite the workflow on your ticket. I'm saying this from experience not only from dealing with N3V's helpdesk, but also as a former IT support person who handled well over 350 tickets a month on a corporate helpdesk. Feedback is essential in order for the process to work.

I'm not sure if anybody's still following this thread, but in case they are, here's a few updates:

They got back with me rather quickly, however unfortunately, none of the advice offered worked.

I tried compacting the route data and deleting the missing assets? (although there were none to delete) But this didn't work either.

This means the entire town of Emmaus, which took me three weeks to build, I have to move all those spline points back by hand and HOPE the game saves it THIS time, which if my past experience with Trainz 2019 is anything to go by, I'm gonna have to Press "X" to doubt on that one.

Words alone can't describe how utterly disappointed I am in this game, so to help paint the picture, I made this video showing you just how many spline points I'm gonna have to relocate.
😡😡😡

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXVFtXYNxHA

Only after watching this can you fully understand my anger.

I'm so mad at this game, I could swear! And it takes me a lot to push me past that point!

No-go. The backups didn't contain a version of the route that wasn't corrupted. (I haven't worked on it in over a week)

Back