Brameigh, 1:76 scale.

ray_whiley

Bramleigh is based on a plan by Cyril Freezer for a rural terminus measuring 2.3m x 0.45m, no. 19 in the 'PSL Book of Model Railway Track Plans' (1988). The design was inspired by the GWR station at Ashburton, with some modification to improve both operation and appearance, and like his Minories requires only six turnouts. My version is an exact copy of his original plan but takes advantage of the greater space afforded by Trainz, occuupying a wall approximately 30' long (one Trainz baseboard). The layout is 3' 4" wide, 8 x 10m squares in Trainz. It is 1:76 scale, British 00 gauge and variants.

The fiddle yard (hidden sidings, storage area) is well concealed but can be revealed for use and editing by hiding the layer 'FY Screen'. If automatic control is envisaged, then this screen could be shown.

I must apologise for the fact that 1:42 scale is quoted in the description on the Download Station (I often seem to apologise nowadays.) This might be due to typing the description in the "Edit Route" panel and my requiring new reading glasses - not possible while I am in lockdown.

Bramleigh-1.jpg
[/url[/IMG]

Bramleigh-4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bramleigh-7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Screenshot-2.jpg
[/URL]picture hosting sites[/IMG]

Screenshot-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The two larger screenshots are by euromodeller and were taken before a problem with the blue sky and clouds backscene had been sorted. Thank you, Graham, also for giving the layout a test run together with other members of TC&WW. This has now been corrected and all dependencies are built in or on the download station.

Now here's a cunning plan: the layout is built along the wall, ie. along the edge of the baseboard. By removing everything that makes it a model - which can easily be done by deleting the relevant layers - and adding another baseboard behind the station, it becomes the start of a conventional Trainz route with the station approximately in the centre. Other baseboards can then be added to excend the length. A start has already been made on doing this.

Ray

Last edited:
And here is a screenshot of the new area behind the maltings, which on the model layout was beyond the wall and becomes the starting point of the traditional Trainz route:

Bramleigh-Maltings-Wharf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The maltings has acquired a small wharf, which is appropriate as the model is based on a drawing of Snape by Bob Barlow in one of the model railway magazines some years ago.

Ray

Last edited:
Good to read that you've uploaded 'Bramleigh' Ray. It's a fun layout which is good for losing a couple of hours in with shunting and running trains.

Congrats on getting it published Ray,

Your conversion idea to a general rout is something that I have done often, usually the model gets left behind and the 'real world' takes over.

I am looking forward to your next release :)

Cheers

Back