Slave triggers cause railroad crossings to ignore my settings.

janathan

I've been using the slave triggers <kuid2:76656:500040:1> because the regular slave <kuid2:75565:500012:15> apparently might fail in future versions of the game. For the most part, I have no issues with them, but when connecting them to a grade crossing like <kuid:39134:100485> for example, it completely ignores the settings. The gate always goes down right away regardless of the 'gate delay' I have set and on some of them, the bell doesn't ring while on others, the bell rings continuously regardless of the 'bell mode' I have set. (this is true for all crossings I've tested)

For this reason, I've been using the regular slave for the crossing and the slave trigger only for the stopper, but if it might fail in future installments, this is only a temporary setting.

Here's an example of what I mean. (I had the 'gate delay' set to 5 flashes and the 'bell mode' set to only go off while the gate was lowering: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJXx4TPB-6g)

I use the <kuid2:76656:500041:2> ATLS Controller/Slave TRS19 for the crossing connection and the <kuid2:76656:500040:1> ATLS Slave Trigger TRS19 to
connect to the gates. I have had no problems with this set up.

I've been using the regular ATLS controller <kuid2:76656:500041:2> I'll try the one you mentioned and see of anything changes. Then I'll report back.

Okay, so I tried using the controller/slave, but the results are the same. The gate goes down as soon as the crossing is activated, regardless of the settings I placed for that specific asset. The bell still rings continuously, even if I set it to only ring while the gate is ascending / descending.

Equipment used:
<kuid:39134:100482> Grade Xing NRC OH 4L Gated WT_F2
<kuid2:321936:102618:1> RR Crossing 12x24 3-LINC ST
<kuid2:321936:101821:1> RR Crossing ST LA Gate Only
This is true for these and every other crossing I've tested with this, but only when using the slave trigger.

Most of the free standing crossings/barriers etc were written expecting a 'train' to activate them, be it invisible or visible. The old Slave uses an invisible train and the crossings are happy.
However, the new Slave and Slave/Trigger use the latest script calls to activate the crossings. This largely works but the script in the old crossings is not always happy. Some old crossings aren't even proper crossings in script terms.

The choice is to continue using the old invisible train Slave and hope it continues to be allowed in future versions of Trainz, (it may be!?). Or you could contact the author of the crossings to see if he is happy to update his scripts.
Basically if the new Slave works for you, that's the best one to use. Otherwise you will have to keep with the old one.

Boat

As I commented here, I'm guessing it's due to Andi06's scripts, who has unfortunately left us too soon.

Personally I've discovered that this affects both bnsf50's and ryanstrains's crossings, both of which make use of Andi's script. As I was not active on here at the time of his death, I am not aware of whether any of the source was left to the community for updates, but I assume not. Having never worked with the script code in Trainz before I wouldn't know where to begin to try to devise a new method either, at least not without the code to look at to begin with and reverse engineering it. So, old slaves it is, for the time being. Here's hoping someone has a fix by the time N3V does deprecate this method.

I have to back track I do have one problem with the gates. The bell does not work on any of them. I have not tried the delay feature so I cannot speak on that.
I do agree with ctclark1 that it is probably something in andi's library that is the problem.

Ahhh, hadn't realised they were Andi's scripts originally. I did what I could to fool the script in bnsf's assets but they were designed for a real train to activate them. It seems to be the extra functions, bells light etc which suffer. Possibly because they need the 'train' to exist while active. The new Slave just send out a message to activate and then to de-activate at the end. Nothing during.
Old Slave seems your best bet for the moment.

Boat

Back