Raise all track splines on entire route by set amount?

1611mac

- - . -
I have a TransDem generated Route. The default track sets on the terrain just fine. But when I used a different track (defined in track route export from TransDem) it's too low (only the rail shows). I realize this track will all be adjusted eventually, but for now, for a quick fix, is there a way to raise all track by a set amount?

TRS19 Plus

Thanks for your replies.

Last edited:
Not automagically, but you can by removing the fixed height.

View attachment 2030

John all that does is remove any height data from the track spline vertex and let it "float" on the terrain. Any work and effort to fix a track grade in the spline data will be totally lost.

But I'm a bit confused because it appears in 1611's post that the original track is just floating on the terrain just fine but when he changed to another kuid it seems to have sunk below terrain level for the most part. Like maybe some rouge PBR ground textures swallowed it up.

I could go on about Transdem can be used to extract spline data from a Transdem created route. You can edit that and use the edited vector data in TD and essentially re-export the trk file but 1611 indicates he's using TRS19 plus and that particular Transdem feature didn't survive the release of TANE SP2.

Bob Pearson

That's correct. But I've discovered that it's not due to the different track kuid. I went back and generated the route again with the default and I got the same problem. I have no idea what I did to suddenly cause this as several previous iterations of the route (from TransDem export) was fine. When I now try to place a loco on the track I get this msg:
"Cannot add object as the selected layer is above that of the targeted track. Trackside objects cannot be placed in a layer above the track they are being attached to."

I have four layers: Route, TransDEM UTM, TransDEM Vector, TransDEM Rails, TransDEM Highways. I have to delete the TransDEM Vector layer to get things to work again. When I delete the layer I see no change to the Route. The rails are still buried with just the tops showing but I can place locos.

I guess I'll start all over with TransDEM again.

Oh it's the textures and the stupid PBR stuff from the default blank textures, I think. That will bury the track and you then need to apply your textures and adjust the track accordingly. It's an extra step.

The reason I said to remove the track height is in order to fix the track you need to get it to show, because I interpreted what 1611Mac said as meaning he wants to have two different track heights, and the only way to do that is adjust the second track manually. By placing the track on the surface, the spline points are easy to get to then and then adjust to the specified height.

Sean, TD works fine.

I'm sure DEM works fine, and well for many. Just happy with doing it manually with basemapz.

Thanks

Sean

Yes, DEM works fine. It's just that there's a good learning curve, especially if you are importing track and road data for other sources (such as josm.) It's easy to miss a step or set a wrong option which is totally my fault. In fact, I'd say DEM is an awesome product. Accurate terrain on entire route with roads and track spotted for you in their general starting position.

Back