Here's what happens when you somehow set highways as railroad with TransDem/JOSM

1611mac

- - . -
Working through my first attempt at building a route with TransDem/Josm tools. First attempt with tile objects, elevations, and rail worked great so I decided to go for adding highways. Obviously I did something wrong! A nice little rural town with tracks as streets! Back to the tutorial! -or- I could just make it a streetcar route? :)

road-track.jpg

by the way - Got it figured out quickly and now I have streets. It doesn't pay to get in a hurry when using a tutorial.

I did something similar except mine was power lines. I had powerlines all over instead of roads.

I got what the OP did - tracks, tracks, and more tracks!
I need to figure out how to get powerlines, roads, tracks, etc to be correct, but oh well.

Cheers

I thought the tags (defining what the item was) was in the data being imported but it's not. When you export the TrainzDem/Openmap data (which will import into Trainz) you define if it's rail, or roads, or other. In fact, you can specify the kuid so you can even specify your rail.

So you must export for rail, then do another export for highways, and of course, the Board and DEM info. So you have at least 3 exports into the Content Manager "import" folder. More if you capture more StreetMap data sets.

I did a "route" that has a "ride along" video on Youtube. 40 miles. (too long for my first prototypical try - perhaps I'll do half.)

It's eerie. In TRS19 I can sync the train speed to the video train (23 miles per hour normally) - Then I listen and watch the Ride Along video with the Trainz route. It is amazing to see a road come up in the video and, yep, there it is in Trainz. Going up a grade in Trainz? Yep. The GP30 in the video is working harder (engine sound) to pull the train.

Amazing Stuff!

Last edited:
Back