Un-Portal Issue

valbridge

Rail Tragic
TANE SP4 build 105766...
Using asset <kuid2:400260:100645:2> Un-Portal 2 by tram__
Issue is after configuring consist to be 'seeded' at a trackmark [pointing the right way] add driver, add path etc the consist appears then disappears as fast as it appeared! Plenty of room for a twelve car passenger train both front and rear of the trackmark.

Wondering if there is an issue with Un-Portal in TANE?
Checking out the asset in 'versions' it seems to be current.
Any ideas?

Secondary q is that I have an image for route but want to use a different image for its session. It seems the image used for the session keeps reverting to its original 'thumbnail' which I deleted and replaced with the image required. Even after saving and submitting in the config file etc this keeps happening, especially if I save any modifications made in the session surveyor. I am wondering if different images for session and associated route is not possible.

Val.

Last edited:
The issue with Un-Portal 2 is caused when the portal is set to both produce and consume trains. Disable the consumption option and use a different trackmark to consume trains.

Trevor

Cheers Trevor, yep that was it. Stumbling around with black text on dark blue background didn't help. Why would an asset creator do that?
Thanx.

Cheers Trevor, yep that was it. Stumbling around with black text on dark blue background didn't help. Why would an asset creator do that?
Thanx.
Here is another opportunity for N3V to make money!: Design a pair of filtering glasses so we can see the black on blue text. I'll buy right now!

Fixing the font on Un-Portal2 is very easy:

* Edit the asset in Explorer and open file upcinfo2.gs for editing
* Look for #000000 in line 26.
* Change it to #FFFFFF
* Save the file, close it and select Submit Edits from the context menu (commit it)

The text should now be white on dark blue.

DO NOT UPLOAD THIS MODIFICATION TO THE DLS. You can still upload your session to DLS even though the asset is modified. Other users will run the un-modified version which has the same kuid.

Trevor

Probably better changing <font color=#000000> to <font>. Specifying a color (like #FFFFFF) could have the same problems in the future, if the background color is changed again.

Peter

Either way it has made life much easier when you can actually see what you need to see. To bad you cant do the same with Schedule Library.
Thanks to both of you.

Last edited:
Fix the font color issue in Schedule Library

Too bad you can't do the same with Schedule Library.
You can but it's just a little more tricky:

* Edit ScheduleLibrary.gs
* Search for text: <font
* Leave the first four instances as they are because we want the black font to stay black
* Change the fifth (and last) instance from 000000 to FFFFFF ( or carry out Peter's suggestion on post #7 )
* Save and Submit the asset

Again, DO NOT upload this modification.

Each asset that needs this type of alteration needs to be investigated and a suitable fix devised. One fix does not fit all assets but often the same principle applies. Also, I'd be hesitant to change built-in assets as that might lead to the inability to patch the game to a new version.

Trevor

You can but it's just a little more tricky:

* Edit ScheduleLibrary.gs
* Search for text: <font
* Leave the first four instances as they are because we want the black font to stay black
* Change the fifth (and last) instance from 000000 to FFFFFF ( or carry out Peter's suggestion on post #7 )
* Save and Submit the asset

Again, DO NOT upload this modification.

Each asset that needs this type of alteration needs to be investigated and a suitable fix devised. One fix does not fit all assets but often the same principle applies. Also, I'd be hesitant to change built-in assets as that might lead to the inability to patch the game to a new version.

Trevor

Ok Trevor, you have been flagged as a genius!
Am using <kuid2:192081:12:5> Schedule Library by 'brummfondel'. One has to be careful pronouncing that name!
So not built in but downloaded.

Once again cheers mate...

Back