Wagon Turntable(s) versions 2 & 3

pitmilly

Am using two of version 3 (K 2:68236:28022:1) on a WIP route.

OK, can propel and position a single UK 4 wheel wagon using steam motive power, can uncouple and then rotate the wagon through 90 degrees, all as per the one-time standard prototype operation.

Stupid question perhaps, but - is there a (Trainz) recommended method of then getting the wagon off the turntable into its intended siding.

I know that the prototype method of working often required ropes, pulleys winding engines and frequently horsepower to move wagons in restricted yards and I can easily make it all part of a static display but if there is a method....................................?

John

Am using two of version 3 (K 2:68236:28022:1) on a WIP route.

OK, can propel and position a single UK 4 wheel wagon using steam motive power, can uncouple and then rotate the wagon through 90 degrees, all as per the one-time standard prototype operation.

Stupid question perhaps, but - is there a (Trainz) recommended method of then getting the wagon off the turntable into its intended siding.

I know that the prototype method of working often required ropes, pulleys winding engines and frequently horsepower to move wagons in restricted yards and I can easily make it all part of a static display but if there is a method....................................?

John

Chris Nawlins did it with a horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32gRq2vMDZE

Cheerio John

I did do some experiments with wagon shifting using my tram horse from many years ago. I didn't try a turntable but I did walk the horse round the wagon using a tight loop of invisible track. That video shows one problem; backing the horse up any distance looks completely unrealistic. I also experimented with WW1 WDLR narrow gauge where I had three joined loops. The first used a Baldwin 4-6-0T to take the wagons round to the second where a Simplex 20hp tractor took them on to the third where a horse with a man walking alongside took a wagon on to the trenches thus emulating the way the railway worked. I didn't develop it since, as is usual with me, interest waned and I got another idea in my head.

Back