The DLS refuses to update my content. Will not pass unless it is just duplicated.

jjeff1955

The DLS refuses to update my content.
I had errors with one way roads and they successfully uploaded to the DLS, but they had errors that I missed and I corrected them with a obsolete number and the DLS keeps rejecting my repaired ones.

If I do not obsolete the old ones then they are approved, but that causes major confusion and duplicates do to the DLS will not allow a obsolete to work.

It would help clarify your problem if you stated
1. the kuid of an original (but faulty) asset you uploaded
2. the (obsolete) kuid that you attempted to replace it with.

Thank for the reply.
This just started happening. It is just a simple Asset repair and then cloned and inverted the old Config error kuid and upload it again and it always rejects the new repaired Clone.
Worked last month without issue but recently the DLS is no accepting a repaid and obsolete the old ones.

Now my assets are faulty on the DLS and i can not obsolete them.

It might help if you actually answer pware's question. It would give him an actual idea of what the items are which could affect how it behaves in regards to obsoleting.

Highlight the faulty asset, click content on the top menu, create new version which creates a kuid2 version which will obsolete the original, edit the new version which will be in Open for Edit to correct whatever was wrong, submit and upload to the DLS.

Thank You clam1952 that should work perfectly, I never thought of that.
That is why i Respect all of you Trainzers so much you always have helpful answers.
Much appreciated.
:)Cheers.

It might help if you actually answer pware's question. It would give him an actual idea of what the items are which could affect how it behaves in regards to obsoleting.
Sorry

Alikiw

I was doing that last night giving him an answer and all of a sudden I deleted my reply by accident and just gave up an went to bed for the evening.:sleep:
I am testing now to see if the DLS will accept a create New asset obsoleting the older one;

What had happened is that I spent a whole Day making the Custom Invisible Road kit for the community. I should have tested all functions for uploading to the DLS,
come to find out a defect in the Config file container a line entry of
invisible 1
had caused the Traffic not to show up in Driver, only surveyor was working

Last edited:
Still getting rejected. I had created a new asset and obsoleted the one on the DLS. The Older one will not obsolete as the DLS is nor allowing it.
Here is the error that I get. I am trying to obsolete <kuid:95230:111433> with the <kuid:95230:111750>
If I can not get the old ones obsoleted then I will have to upload <kuid:95230:111750> as new and it will be accepted, and then there will be duplicates with the<kuid:95230:111433> having errors so to confuse everyone. I do not want to make it difficult for the community to use my Custom assets.

Dear jjeff1955,
The addition of your content file Jons_Oneway_Invisible_2L_Pass_Road15mph.cdp has failed due to the following reason:
An Error Occured with <kuid:95230:111750> Jons Oneway Invisible 2L Pass Road,15mph
<kuid:95230:111750> : Asset <kuid:95230:111750> uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.

If you require further assistance please contact our helpdesk (http://www.auran.com/helpdesk)

Regards,
The Trainz Team

I already have sent this to the helpdesk waiting for a response.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Doing it wrong, as I said

Highlight <kuid:95230:111433>

Click Content on top menu

Click Create New Version, this will create a new copy in the Open for edit folder <kuid2:95230:111433:1> this is how you obsolete, you do not use the obsolete table which is a hangover from prehistoric versions of Trainz.
Edit the asset to correct the error and change the build to 3.5. you can no longer upload assets lower than 3.5 as they are not supported.

Just as a matter of interest <kuid:95230:111433> is not on the DLS anyway unless it hasn't been listed yet, so not sure why you need to obsolete anything, just make sure your replacement is Trainz Version 3.5 or higher.

Yea I am so Stupid at times, lol.
I just now understood what you had told me to do, I found the Create new versions, I did not know that I had that option.
Like I said before you People are awesome for having Patience with me as My Stupidity overwhelms me when I am very Tired from working so long on my Projects.
Thank You so very much to all that has supported me.
Cheers.

Did not work, failed again.

Dear jjeff1955,
The addition of your content file Jons_Oneway_Invisible_2L_Pass_RoadNo_Traffic.cdp has failed due to the following reason:
An Error Occured with <kuid2:95230:111738:1> Jons Oneway Invisible 2L Pass Road,No Traffic
<kuid2:95230:111738:1> : Asset <kuid2:95230:111738:1> uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.

If you require further assistance please contact our helpdesk (http://www.auran.com/helpdesk)

Regards,
The Trainz Team

In your "config.txt" you have a line:
trainz-build x.x

The x.x need to be 3.5 or higher

Seems not so, as i have all of the other ones at 2.4 and many others that were approved for the 2.4 Versions.
I think that the DLS has a Bug that needs to be looked at.
The issue was that the DLS no longer accepts this statement in the config file.

obsolete-table
{
0 <kuid:xxxxx:xxxxx>
}

Thank Jan for the trying to help.

Last edited:
You can no longer use builds lower than 3.5 its not a bug, its a long overdue restriction, as lower than 3.5 used to get shoved onto the repair list and will not be visible on the DLS.

Trainz versions below TS12 which is 3.5 to 3.7 are not supported, TS12 was supposed to have ended support in September 2018 and is living on borrowed time.

I just uploaded kuid2s and they are version 2.4 minus the obsolete-table and they were approved, does this mean that my 2.4 Custom Roads will just be gone in the future?
The sad thing is that 3,5 and above no longer support grounded and that is very important to have the Roads fit together properly and also connect to the BNSF Xings and not cover the Crossing Bucks.

My Custom Map depends on over a Thousand of version 2.4s, if they remove them from the DLS then 16 Years of working on my Map will be Trashed.

Ok, I do understand that the assets need to be updated as they only look more Photo Real and also run better for performance.
I am going to attempt updating what I have permissions to modify from the original creators.
This will take me weeks just to update them to at least 3.7, but I am pretty sure that I can do it.

Kinda of cleaning up my Custom Map would be a great thing to do anyway.

The huge issue is that all of the Content creators that are gone and can not get Permissions from will be a huge loss in really good 2.4 assets, unless the DLS Team repairs them for us.
All in all I am still pleased with my Trainz 2019 and the Community that tries to help me out.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Well I'm certainly no expert, but they don't kick anything off the DLS. I mean there are assets with build 1.3 still there and probably always will. Sounds like you're doing a lot of useful work, so keep going. :)

Well I'm certainly no expert, but they don't kick anything off the DLS.

Correct. This is an example of "the myth that never dies". The only time assets are physically removed from the DLS is for copyright violation. If an asset is updated then the original is still present on the DLS.

Thank You Alikiwi and pware for your Replies.

FINALLY!
I finally got all of the One way Invisible Roads updated to 3.7 and uploaded to the DLS.
The DLS likes these ones as they are the allowed Version of 3.7.

These will automatically
obsolete the older ones.

Just look for the Jons Oneway Invisible V3 1L, 2L, 3L assets and you will find all of them and they are flawless and are fun to watch.
The 3 Lane ones will use all 3 Lanes per side of a 6 Lane Highway. The Carz do use the outer lanes when they need to pass another Car,
The Hoot of it all is that the Carz will pass on the left and right just to get around the slower Carz and they never go over the Center guard anymore.

You will need to draw out the Purple Line in the opposite direction of the Traffic flow, and then position it to get the Carz in the center of the Lane and the other 1, 2, or 3 Lanes will line up.

Enjoy them as I do.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Back