Problem with Carz dissapearing when going into Driver Mode.

jjeff1955

Carz disappearing when going into Driver. SOLVED.

I Made a lot of Custom Roads for the Community, to have the option of setting up their own Traffic.
Using the Maddy's Yarn Invisible Purple Road Splines.
You can now have all Six Lanes active with Carz and no more Passing over the Highway barriers. Fun to watch them weave in and out of Traffic when trying to Pass slower Carz. They Road Kit should be up on the DLS in a few days or so.

The Traffic is Eye Candy to watch, but there is a problem, and that is in Surveyor all of the Carz are doing their thing, but when I go into the Driver Mode all Carz disappear into thin air, not a Car in site. Come back into Surveyor and all of the Carz return as normal.

What is the issue and is there a setting to get them to show up in Driver?
This seems to be happening on my small Test Map only, my Large Custom Map the Carz are ok in Driver.
I have my Test Map set to the US Region same setting as my Custom Map.
Any Help would be appreciated.
Cheers.
jjeff1955

Last edited:
It's not just you. I've had routes where there's not a whole lot of traffic as their used to be while in Driver. It doesn't really bother me as much as it used to, but the streets are pretty quiet.

Thanks John for the reply.
It was just a Hoot to watch those carz doing their thing.
The neatest thing is that they behave more prototypical of today's Driver, Lol.
Good to know that it was not an error on my part after uploading the Road kit to the DLS.:eek:
All in all they look very Good in Surveyor Mode.
Hope that the Community has fun with them.
Cheers.

P.S. there is a .gs file in the Trainz Script Folder that has a lot of entries in it stating out about Carz Turn Signals and Brake Lights.
Also several mentions of the Carz Stopping for the Intersection Stop Signs and Stop Lights?
What is that .gs Script going to be used for, something in the Future?
Just curious.
jjeff1955

Last edited:
Sorry Jon, I know very little about scripts or that one in particular. The CCarz system has a bunch of additional features over and above the regular traffic so this must be a way of implementing future features which makes sense.

In general the traffic system is very dated and in dire need of an overhall. I've always thought the traffic should be controlled at the road level instead of the system, meaning the program level. The region can provide the overall vehicles for the period, but the roads should be configured to allow a specific traffic type. What this would do is prevent semis and commercial busses from take a side trip down a dirt road or a quiet neighborhood street. To prevent that kind of traffic, I've modified some of the YARN roads to have no traffic at all and then I place parked cars along the sides as we see in a quiet neighborhood.

It is a hoot with traffic when it does work. I've seen speedy drivers overtake creeps and fly through crossings just as the gates go down!

Hello John, I found the Resolve for this issue,:mop:
You need to use a Car Generator such as BNSF's Red one to generate the Carz in Driver My Custom Road kit is working Perfectly as long as I splice in a short piece of the BNSF Cae Gen.
I will let the Community know about this in a new thread.
Thank You for your replies and Help.
Cheers.:)

Hello John, I found the Resolve for this issue,:mop:
You need to use a Car Generator such as BNSF's Red one to generate the Carz in Driver My Custom Road kit is working Perfectly as long as I splice in a short piece of the BNSF Cae Gen.
I will let the Community know about this in a new thread.
Thank You for your replies and Help.
Cheers.:)

Cool, thanks. I'll check that out on my install. He included that with his grade crossings.

You're welcome. :)

Found the fix for the invisible Purple line not hiding in Driver and also the issue with no Carz in Driver.
I had to update all of the Jons Oneway invisible roads to 3.7 and was able to use the line visible-surveyor only 1
The car Generators needed to be visible-surveyor only 0

For the carz to be visible in Driver use just a short Piece of a Car Generator that is needed to produce the Carz, you can hide the Purple line slightly under the road.

The new ones are Jons Oneway V4 Invisible, and Jons Oneway V4 Visible 1L Generator Jons Oneway V4 Visible 2L Generator Repaired for proper functions.

Back