Rotating view in surveyor TRS2019

pizzaman

Member since Sept 2004
Hi,
I have been away from Trainz for over a year, due to my computer being packed away while involved in a house move.
When I cam back to it, I decided to purchase TRS2019.
My problems is that, having always been able to rotate the view in surveyor using ctrl + right mouse button when editing my routes in previous versions, in 2019 this action just seems to want to stick my cursor to the compass and then move in straight lines all over the map.
It's most annoying when trying to move round something in a tight circle to view it.
I checked back on my 2010 and Tane today and I could get them to work ok.
Have I been away too long and forgotten everything I learned, or is there a different way to move around surveyor now?

Cheers,
Neil.

Hi Neil,

You need to check your mouse-settings. This is located in TRS2019 under the menu found in the upper right (It shows as 3 horizontal bars). Are you sure you need to press the CTRL key? In my setup, I have never pressed the CTR-key and just right-click my way and rotate, and scoot wherever I want very quickly. I just checked, and pressing the CTRL-key for me does nothing.

My mouse setup is as follows:

attachment.php

Thinking about this, also check your control-settings as well and ensure you don't have something else assigned to those functions under the surveyor settings.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Hi John,

Thanks for answering my query. Had a look at the settings, they seem ok. Tried slowing the compass as well. I agree that you can zoom about the map ok, but to try and circle round an object to check it, just doesn't seem to work any more.
Thanks anyway.

Cheers,
Neil.

Right click mouse on object and HOLD mouse button, use left or right arrow keys to rotate around the item. Works in Driver too.

Hi 1611mac,

Thanks for that. There's not quite as much control as I remember, but I'll get used to it.
Thanks again.

Cheers,
Neil.

Actually, a correction: In driver the left and right arrow keys rotate around whatever focus is on. Same is true in Surveyor, but you need to be in free roam mode. No need to hold the mouse button.

ALSO: Someone else may have a better Surveyor tip. I'm a casual surveyor user.

Last edited:
In Surveyor edit mode, I find that a combination of mouse cursor (right-click hold) plus one of the left or right arrow keys works best for rotation about the focal point in the Platinum version of TRS19. (Mouse alone is more difficult and obstinate in this build than in T:ANE-Dlx or TRS19 Build 105096).

Back