trouble with TRs2019 and New IMac

tonytony

OK som i've had so much trouble with the new download I have deleted the whole programme and will start again
First question - what is a Download Manager for a Mac
Any answers please
Tony

Hello dangaval

I've re-downloaded this time with a manager - Foil- but it has produced nothing different except that I now have 5 routes (should be six) But ALL except the Kickstarter 2 have numerous missing dependencies so the problem is still there.
The only suspicion I have is that somewhere there is a folder which I have not deleted before I re-downloaded.
Nobody from Auran seems to be interested despite their statements that TRS2019 works well with Mac
I've used Macs for 12 years with Trainz with no trouble but the new IMac seems to be the devil in the deep
My IMac has a Catalina 3.1GHz 6-core intel core i6 with 8GB memory. Graphics are Redeon Pro 575x 4GB
These are ample specs according to the Trains Portal so what can be the trouble

With the new IMac I have upgraded all my video editing, photo editing and Pagemaking programmes without a hint of trouble so I know the Mac is operating well.

If nobody is available or bothered to sort out this incident then I shall have to ask for a refund which would be a pity cos the new Trainz is lightyears away from what I have been using over the past few years. Any taker ?

Last edited:
Open Manage Content, go to open for edit > Filter > Open for Edit > anything in there? if there is select all > Right Click > revert to original.

If that doesn't fix the missing stuff then Developer > Rebuild Database.

tonytony - Be assured that your efforts to install this app will eventually be handsomely rewarded. TRS19 is a fantastic railroad simulator, so it is definitely worth persisting.
As clam1952 asserts above, Content Manager is your friend! Use the 'Faulty' filter and 'Open for edit' filter to resolve any missing assets/ dependencies.
Create two new custom query filters that you will probably run daily as a prudent maintenance action:
1. An 'Out of Date' query that will identify any recent updates to your installed assets, whether built-in, or from the DLS or DLC. (Installed=True and 'Out of Date'=True)
2. An 'Obsolete and not Built-in' query that will allow you to delete obsolete assets from your database. (Installed=True, Built-in=False, Obsolete=True)
After an initial installation, you will often need to download and install additional routes and sessions that are included in your version of the product by downloading them from a list presented to you after running the Launcher for the first time.
Run a Database Repair to ensure the integrity of your recent installation. (Developer menu in Launcher, "Rebuild database').

One other thought is where have you put TRS19 on your computer? The drive may not have enough room for everything it needs to do.

Morning guys

First - thank you for your interest and suggestions

I will answer Stagecoach first. TRS2019 is safely in applications and I have 913GB available

Clam1952 next - I have tried your ideas and there has been no reaction from the filters
Rebuilding database takes about 5 seconds, Is this a long or short time I don't know.

No PC Ace - checked the filter - Faults - and have about 25 faulty (interestingly they are mostly the UK items from locos and wagons etc) Sorry but I have NEVER had to enter this part of the system in all the time I have had previous Trainz and am not certain as to what is next
Have opened 'Dundee' showing missing dependencies - have opened 'list dependencies' and am now downloading so called missing stuff - this will take some time !
Tony

Tony

Rebuilding database in 5 seconds, simply NOT possible. This should take many minutes and a full DBR half an hour or so.

I'm one (Mac user). My initial machine/purchase was for a Mac. Since then, I built a Win gamer just for Trainz so my Mac version doesn't get used much. As far as how things work and operate with '19 between the two they are the same. The iMac is just a Lot slower and graphics have to be lowest settings.

I would ask the OP to completely delete the game and local folder. Reinstall game and see if only the base install works BEFORE downloading any of the included other content. The only route you'll have is Kickstarter 2.

btw... When I first started with Trainz I must have done "fresh" installs a dozen times. As I learned more and more about assets and beta copies (I have plus) and maintaining them and such things I found myself wanting a new clean install many times. I never once really had any install issues. Same is true when I migrated to my new Windows machine.

So Again... If you are willing. Do a clean install and report back. After the install DO NOT download anything from the Content Manger. Will Kickstarter County 2 run without any problems?

Rebuilding database in 5 seconds, simply NOT possible. This should take many minutes and a full DBR half an hour or so.

He probably didn't press the CTRL key (or is it command-key) at the same time as selecting the Rebuild database from the developer menu.

Evening Guys
Still here and striving hard. Been experimenting most of the day. Done all the Rebuilds but no change
Went in to surveyor and found some UK engines with missing dependencies and managed to get one or two downloaded successfully but that all. Found an item "default" with Miss. Depend. so clicked download. It had 644 items but gave that up after one hour, only 32 items covered. Perhaps I should have continued but I would still be there now.
Opened Sebina Lake in surveyor and had thousands of skeleton buildings. Managed to merge all layers (not sure how) but I now have a desert scenario with hundreds of spinning vertex which I can delete but have no idea what they actually are. If I worked on this I would basically be starting from scratch as I only have and earth colours
State of play this evening
Regards. Tony

tonytony- something is really wrong. You should not be seeing any Missing Dependencies with the normal install. Are you sure you are not killing downloads somehow before they complete. I would be interested to know how many INSTALLED assets you have and what ROUTES you have installed. That's why I suggested a clean install with the BASE only and then trying Kickstarter County 2. We could figure out if you downloads are not completing. But if you could give your installed asset count and the Routes you have installed that would help.

You will have two folders for trainz, one in the selected install position and the second at the location found in your trainz settings/install. It is this folder that needs lots of room and might need to be moved.

Here I am again guys
I have investigated everything I can without much success except that I have managed to download just a few carriages but the situation is still the same
I have therefore decided to wait until the corona is passed when I will be able to call on my saviour who is a fully qualified Apple software guy to investigate what may be happening. So until that time I will not be attempting any further work with Trainz but will let you know if and when the correct download has worked
Thanks you all for your advice it is most appreciated. Tony

Ciao tonytony. TRS19 Mac funziona benissimo.
Tutto quanto non riguarda l'applicazione viene salvato in Libreria (potrebbe essere un cartella nascosta) - Containers - com.n3vgames.trs19
Sposta la cartella com.n3vgames.trs19 sul desktop e avvia Trainz. Verrà creata una nuova cartella e, se hai una versione base, si aprirà la finestra di download.
Se hai una versione plus dovrai scaricare tu i percorsi tramite il launcher - content store - purchased.
Se i download vanno a buon fine puoi cestinare la vecchia cartella sul desktop

Translated for Tony. :)

Hello tonytony. TRS19 Mac works great.
Everything not about the application is saved in Library (it could be a hidden folder) -

Containers - com.n3vgames.trs19 Move the com.n3vgames.trs19 folder to the desktop and start Trainz. A new folder will be created and, if you have a basic version, the download window will open.
If you have a plus version you will need to download the routes through the launcher - content store - purchased.
If the downloads are successful you can trash the old folder on your desktop
Hello tonytony. TRS19 Mac works great.
Everything not about the application is saved in Library (it could be a hidden folder) -

Containers - com.n3vgames.trs19 Move the com.n3vgames.trs19 folder to the desktop and start Trainz. A new folder will be created and, if you have a basic version, the download window will open.
If you have a plus version you will need to download the routes through the launcher - content store - purchased.
If the downloads are successful you can trash the old folder on your desktop

Expanding on giggigerosa’s suggestion, if your user library folder is hidden, it can be found from your Mac desktop by holding the option key while click and holding the Go menu tab at the top of your screen then selecting Library. Proceed with giggigerosa suggestion from there.

Mother Apple hides our user library so we can’t get into trouble. After all it’s a toaster and we should not need to know how toast is made. ;)

Last edited:
Back