What do the white/red exclamation marks mean

nimec

Hello
I have a white exclamation mark framed in a red square appear in the top right hand side on some of the small route pictorials along the bottom of the window in my Trs 19 platinum copy as well as in some of the sessions also . Anyone know what it signifies? I cant find and assets open for edit in the route or any faulty ones and I have been through and updated the assets that were marked with having an update available.
When I click on the exclamation mark it brings up a content manager window with all the assets for that particular route or session displayed. I've tried a search on this thread but can find no reference to it. Anyone know much about it? Cheers

When it brings up CM, sort by status and see if there are missing (unknown)assets, or assets available for download. Or assets with missing sub-assets. That is usually what it means when i get that exclamation point.

The exclamation mark on a red background signals a faulty asset. Click on the symbol to get an error message. Missing dependencies are shown by a broken chain link on an orange background.

Peter

Adding to the above post - Or, an asset is faulty.

Click on the icon and the dependencies for the route or session in question will show. If you haven't already, click on the header bar at the top of the columns and add all possible columns. You should end up with Mod Date, Install Date, Upload Date, Build version, Type, Name, File Size, Asset ID, Author, and Status.

Click on the "Status" column header to sort by Status. See if up at top you have open for edit, faulty, or missing assets. If not Click on Status again to resort (it toggles Alphabetically). Once you find your offending assets you'll have to care for each one.

Depending what the asset is, you can perhaps ignore it, things like buildings, signs, etc. They just won't appear in the route/session.

Report back what you find.

Well I haven't done the header bar trick yet but I selected three of the routes with the problem and clicked the exclamation mark, to get the CM window, then the status header and got the assets up in the manner you described and carefully scrolled through. In each route and in each session of each route [all with the mark] I used three of the routes as control routes. In each route and in each session in each route there were no missing or faulty dependencies just a couple that said an upgrade was available. So that didn't work. Took a quite a time too!

Next, went to CM s 'Faulty' filter but nothing came up as faulty so then went to Routes and Sessions and found some Routes that were highlighted with missing dependencies or faulty kuids so downloaded and fixed what I could and reduced the faulty routes down to 4. Each of the 4 now has a list of unknown kuids yet three are all routes than come with Trs 19.
However fixing the ones that could be fixed made no change to the route pictures and session pictures which still displayed the mark as before. i.e. the marks did not disappear from those that were not now shown as faulty.

So using the route The legacy of the Burlington Northern which had 'the mark' as does the three sessions with it, decided to un-install it, then did a database repair, a PC shutdown, a registry clean with Ccleaner then re installed it again. It should have been nice clean mint version without fault but no, it had the same problem again.
Then decided to run a steam engine session in the English route and while it worked OK, would not work in realistic mode
Tried another steam engine and the same thing. A diesel in realistic mode with another route and the same thing. Will only work in DCC.
So it looks as if I have a more fundamental problem somewhere in the game software itself that I cant ID so perhaps the only answer is deleting the whole game and starting again. Thanks for your help Cheers

Back